Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Companies house administrationLatest newsStarting a businessstatutory company registers

Correct mistakes on your Confirmation Statement

You can correct mistakes on your Confirmation Statement with Companies House. The Companies Act 2006 only allows one Confirmation Statement to be filed for a confirmation period. In other words, you cannot replace the entire confirmation statement you already filed with Companies House with a new one for the same period. However, there is a way to do it. You must apply to Companies House.

How to correct mistakes on your Confirmation Statement

If it has come to light that your last confirmation statement contained errors, you can Second Filing to correct mistakes on your confirmation statement.

The correct way to do it is, you complete the form RP04 on paper together with the part of the confirmation statement form that contains errors.

For example, if the details of the Person with Significant Control (PSC) was incorrect, then you would complete Part 5 of the CS01 form only. Likewise, if your statement of capital is incorrect, then you would complete part 2 of the CS01 form.

Thereafter, you only send your RP04 and the relevant part of the CS01 form with the corrected information to Companies House. Do not send the whole CS01 form to Companies House, not even the front page of the CS01 form.

Another document you must include is the PR03 if your company has opted in the PROOF scheme.

To amend your company accounts already submitted to Companies House, simply send in your amended accounts and mark the account as “AMENDED”. Then, Companies House will publish both accounts on your public record.

If you have any questions about correcting mistakes on your confirmation statement, contact companies house.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: