The Confirmation Statement is a compulsory filing for every limited company and limited liability partnership (LLP) registered in the United Kingdom. This includes dormant and non-trading companies and dormant LLPs.
Companies House gives companies and LLPs 14 days to submit their Confirmation Statement. It is a criminal offense for failing to deliver your confirmation statement and your company or LLP may receive fines.
Confirmation statement (CS) filing service
Our accountants will prepare and file your CS with Companies House for you.
1. Add to the cart the confirmation statement service then follow the on-screen instructions to pay online.
2. You will receive a confirmation email of your online payment for the CS service.
3. Our accountant will contact you and initiate your CS filing process.
4. Our accountant will check and let you know your company’s current filing status with Companies House. For example, whether your company status is active or Companies House already changed it to “proposal to strike off” or “dissolved” and explain to you the next steps accordingly.
5. Our accountant will gather all the required information to prepare and complete your confirmation statement.
6. Our accountant will file your CS to Companies House and also pay the statutory filing fee on your behalf.
7. Our accountant will inform you once your CS is filed and accepted by Companies House.
6. Assignment complete.
Our accountant will let you know your company accounts filing due date. Generally, your accounts filing deadline is 9 months after your accounting year ended for a limited company and an LLP. However, a shorter filing period for a Public Limited Company (PLC), is 6 months.
Why is this important? Knowing your company accounts deadline allows you to plan and prepare your accounts on time for filing to avoid a late filing penalty. Your company will receive an automatic late filing penalty even if it is one day late. The penalty starts from £150 to a maximum of £1500 for a limited company and LLP. For a PLC, the penalty starts from £750 to a maximum of £7500 depending on how late.