Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Starting a business

Director’s responsibilities to Companies House

Many businesses are using a limited company to trade. To incorporate a limited company, you would at least require one person director. As a director, you must know a director’s responsibilities to Companies House. Generally, a director is legally responsible for running the company and making sure to deliver all statutory filings to Companies House on time.

The statutory filings you must deliver to Companies House includes:

1) The confirmation statement

You must deliver your confirmation statement once every 12 months. You may check your filing due date on the Companies House website.

2) Company accounts

You have 9 months after your limited company’s accounting year-end to deliver your company accounts to Companies House. A shorter period for a Public Limited company (PLC) is 6 months.

For example, if your limited company’s year-end is 31 August 2021, you must deliver your accounts by 31 May 2022. There would be a late filing penalty if your accounts are filed late. You must deliver your company accounts even if your company is not trading or dormant.

3) Changes in your company’s officers or their personal details

For example, you recently got married and you have changed your surname to your husband’s surname. You must report the change of director’s personal details to Companies House.

4) A change to your company’s registered office

You recently moved office or change your registered office provider. You must provide Companies House with your new registered office address. This address must not be a PO BOX address.

5) Your company’s people with significant control (PSC) details

If there is any change in your PSC personal details, you must report this change to Companies House.

6) Allotment of shares

If your company issues new shares during the year. You must report this to Companies House.

7) Registration of charges (mortgage)

If your company borrows money from a financial institution and/or a bank. You must report this transaction.

If you require any help with managing the above statutory filings to Companies House, our accountants will be more than happy to assist you.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: