Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Confirmation statement

Confirmation Statement for dormant company

Confirmation Statement for a dormant company is compulsory for a company registered with Companies House in the United Kingdom.

Your company is classified as a dormant company under the Companies Act 2006 if there are no significant transactions during the financial period.

You have 14 days to deliver your Confirmation Statement for your dormant. Both your confirmation statement date and filing due date are prominently published on Companies House website.

First time submit Confirmation Statement

First time filing your Confirmation Statement required a bit of due diligence to ensure the information given to Companies House for a public record is complete and accurate and still valid as at the date of your Confirmation Statement.

You must provide the following information with Companies House:

Changes to your company information

Any changes to your company’s information from the date of incorporation or your last annual return date or your last confirmation statement date, relevant Companies House forms must be delivered before or at the same time filing your Confirmation Statement.

For examples, if you have changed your registered office address from your home address to an address service provider you would require to deliver the form AD01 with Companies House. You can file the AD01 online or on paper.

You may also require to file the form AD02 if you continue to keep your company registers at your home address. The form AD02 is to register your home address as your SAIL address. However, you do not have to file the form AD02 if your company registers would be kept at your company’s registered office address.

You can change your director’s personal information with Companies House by filing the form CH01. Whilst use the form TM01 to remove a director and the form AP01 to appoint a new director.

Another change could be that when your dormant company was set up a secretary was appointed and you are using nominee service. The appointment of secretary for a private limited company is now optional. You can remove your company secretary by filing the form TM02.

Nothing has changed since the last Confirmation Statement

If there are no changes to your company’s information since your last Confirmation Statement date. You would only need to confirm this fact by filing the confirmation statement main form CS01, If you are filing the CS01 on paper, your company director or sectary must sign and date the form.

You would require your authentication code if you are filing your Confirmation Statement online. The code is the electronic equivalent of your company director’s or secretary’s signature.

Confirmation statement fee

There is a fee payable to Companies House for filing your Confirmation Statement CS01 form. £40 for paper filing and £13 for online filing. You have the options to pay by Paypal, UK debit cards or credit cards.

Dormant company account

Beside filing confirmation statement for your dormant company with Companies House, the other document your dormant company must file with Companies House other than Confirmation Statement is the dormant account. There is a late filing penalty for late filing of your dormant account late even just by one day.

You may file your dormant account online, again to do this you would require your authentication code again or you may deliver your dormant account on paper in this case your director must sign and date it.

HM Revenue and Customs and CT600

Even though your company is dormant, you must inform HM Revenue and Customs that your trading status is dormant so that they could update your company’s record accordingly and would not chase you to file CT600.

You will get late filing penalty for failing to deliver your CT600 to HM Revenue and Customs on time.

Use your Unique Tax Reference number when you write to HM Revenue and Customs about your trading status.

No longer want to keep your dormant company

You may apply to Companies House to dissolve your dormant company if you no longer want to keep it. The dissolution process will take about two months to complete. Our accountants can help you with this application.

You would no longer require to file any documents with Companies House after your dormant company has been dissolved. No more company accounts or confirmation statements.

Once your company is voluntarily dissolved, you may not restore your company through administrative restoration after this. You must restore your company through the court process and this can be an expensive and time-consuming process.

Consider carefully how important is it your company name to you. Anyone can take over your company name by registering it with Companies House as a new company after you dissolved it. This includes your future competitors.

If you have any questions about your dormant company, contact Companies House or speak with our accountants.

Share this post

1 comment

  1. Thank you for sharing superb information. Your web site is so cool. I’m impressed by the details on this blog. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for extra articles. You ROCK!What a great web site.

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: