6 weeks to submit Confirmation Statement

The Companies etc. (Filing Requirements) (Temporary Modifications) Regulations 2020 was created on 26 June 2020 and come into force from 27 June 2020. Under this new law, your company will have 6 weeks to submit your Confirmation Statement instead of the usual 14 days filing deadline.

6 weeks to submit your Confirmation Statement filing deadline is automatically extended

You do not have to do anything. Companies House will automatically extend your Confirmation Statement filing deadline. Go to Companies House website to check your confirmation statement filing deadline.

Take note that your confirmation statement’s review period would not change. For example, if your next confirmation statement date is 20 May 2020. Your confirmation statement date remains unchanged on 20 May 2020. The only thing changed is your filing deadline, from 14 days to 42 days. That’s it. Do not amend your confirmation statement’s review period date.

This automatic extension applies to the following company type:

  • Private limited companies
  • Public limited companies (PLCs)
  • Limited liability partnerships (LLPs)
  • Scottish limited partnerships (SLPs)
  • Scottish qualifying partnerships (SQPs)
  • Societas Europaea (SEs)

You may read the guidance here.

You can submit your confirmation statement online or by post. If you are going to submit by post, go to Companies House website to print the latest Confirmation statement form CS01 and complete it to Companies House.

Whereas for online filing, you would require your company’s authentication code. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Keep safe your authentication code.

If you have misplaced your authentication code, you may request it again from Companies House. Companies House will send your code to your company’s registered office address. You can also sign up for email reminders with Companies House for this filing.

If you require help with your confirmation statement filings, contact our accountants. They can help you.

Other help and support to businesses by Companies House

Companies House also grants an automatic extension for the following filings.

  • Company accounts filing deadline automatic extension for private (LTD) and public companies (PLCs), limited liability partnerships (LLPs), Overseas Companies and Societas Europaea (SEs).
  • Events driven filings deadlines also extend to 42 days. For example, you have moved your registered office to a new address. You also have 6 weeks to notify Companies House.
  • Mortgage charges registration has a further 10 days, a total of 31 days to submit the document with Companies House.

Automatic extension of Companies House documents filing deadline

Companies House announced an automatic extension of Companies House documents filing deadline on 1 July 2020. This is a temporary change to support companies during the COVID-19 outbreak and give businesses more time to comply.

You do not have to do anything. Companies House will automatically extend your filing deadline. You can check your new filing deadline on the Companies House website. This is a brilliant news.

Prior to this, you must apply to extend your company accounts filing deadline online. This is no longer the case.

The automatic extension of Companies House documents filing deadline includes the following filings:

Company accounts filing deadline extension

Companies House will extend your company account’s filing deadline for an additional 3 months automatically. You do not have to do anything. For further information, click here.

Automatic extension of Confirmation statement filing deadline By Companies House

Companies House will allow Companies and partnerships more time to submit their Confirmation statement . You have 6 weeks to submit your confirmation statement instead of the current 14 days deadline.

Event-driven filings deadlines with Companies House

Event-driven filings deadlines are increased to 42 days as well. For example, change of registered office address. Usually, you would have to notify Companies House within 14 days, now you have 42 days to notify Companies House during this Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.

Mortgage charges registration with Companies House

You have a further 10 days to submit your mortgage charges forms and relevant documents with Companies House. In short, you have 31 days to do it.

Full guidance available here.

British High Commission Malé in Maldives

British nationals living or visiting Maldives may contact the British High Commission Malé in Maldives if you have any questions about your travel documents or passport.

The British High Commission Malé office in Maldives is closed during public holiday.

AddressBritish High Commission Malé
TelephoneTelephone +94 11 5390639
Fax +94 11 5390694
Source: GOV.UK

The High Commission in Colombo provides consular assistance to British nationals in Maldives.

Get information about a British company from Maldives

You can get information about a British company from Companies House. The Companies House is the Registrar of companies in the United Kingdom. They are an executive agency sponsored by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy.

Ordinarily, you can get the following information for FREE about a Britsh company.

  • Company’s names and numbers
  • Current registered office address
  • Date of incorporation
  • The company directors and secretaries
  • Registered current mortgage charges
  • Company accounts filed
  • Submitted yearly confirmation statement
  • previous company names
  • Insolvency information if applicable

If you have any questions on how to get information about a British company while you are in Maldives, our accountants can help you.

Setting up or doing business in the UK

If you are interested to set up a UK company or do business in the UK, you may contact the Department for International Trade (DIT) for further international trade information such as the imports and exports to/from the UK.

Generally, the DIT not only helps overseas businesses locate in the UK but also help UK businesses expand into overseas markets.

Coronavirus (COVID19) outbreak

The World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the coronavirus (COVID19) outbreak a pandemic. Correspondingly, please follow the UK government guidance for foreign travel advice. If you are in Maldives, follow their country’s COVID19 advice while you are there.

British Embassies worldwide

Click here for a list of British Embassies and High Commissions worldwide.

Generally, diplomatic missions sent to non-commonwealth countries are called the British embassies. Whereas diplomatic missions sent to commonwealth countries are called the British High Commissions. All in all, there are 54 countries in the Commonwealth.

Furthermore, some countries would have British Consulates in addition to their British Embassy or British High Commission to provide consular services to UK citizens abroad.

%d bloggers like this: