Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

COVID news updateLatest news

Travelling to the UK by air

The UK Government has issued guidance for travellers travelling to the UK by air. This guidance is to give an idea of what to expect when arriving at UK airports during this coronavirus pandemic.

If you are planning to travel to the UK by air for business in the near future then you must be aware of the following rules. Generally, you must do the following:

  • Wear a face covering or face mask
  • Wash your hand for 20 seconds with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
  • Social distancing, at the moment, the distance is set at 2 metres apart.
  • You must self isolate for the first 14 days after you arrived in the UK. If you failed to follow this rule, you will be fined.
  • Provide your journey and contact details before you travel to the UK 48 hours before departure. You can do it online. Unless you are exempt from this border rule.

You can get the current international travel restrictions from the IATA.

Support available from Companies House

Travelling to the UK by air during the Coronavirus outbreak may not be convenient especially with the 14 days self-isolation requirements.

However, there are help and support available for entrepreneurs that are currently abroad and would like to submit documents to Companies House. You can submit the following documents online with Companies House.

All you need is your company’s authentication code issued by Companies House. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Keep safe your authentication code.

If you are unable to complete your company accounts due to the interruption from this COVID-19 outbreak, you can apply to Companies House to extend your company accounts filing deadline without incurring a late filing penalty.

Companies House also created an interim paperless filing service to accept documents which would normally require a live signature.

If you require help with your UK company’s filings, contact us. Our accountants can help you.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: