What you need to know and do if you are in the local areas rated as medium COVID alert level.
The Government issues the following to the public.
|This is for areas where national restrictions continue to be in place.|
– You must not socialise in groups larger than 6, indoors or outdoors (other than where a legal exemption applies).
– Businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-secure manner, other than those that remain closed in law.
-Certain businesses are required to ensure customers only consume food and drink while seated, and must close between 10 pm and 5 am.
– Businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises can continue to do so after 10 pm as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-through.
– Schools and universities remain open.
– Places of worship remain open, subject to the rule of 6.
– Weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on numbers of attendees.
– Exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors, or indoors if the rule of 6 is followed; there are exceptions for supervised activities for under-18s, and disability sport.
– Wear a face covering in those areas where this is mandated
You should continue to:
– Follow social distancing rules
– Work from home where you can effectively do so
– When travelling, plan ahead or avoid busy times and routes; walk or cycle if you can.
Find out more about the measures that apply in medium alert level areas to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Companies House filings during COVID-19 pandemic
You can submit your company documents to Companies House online. You would require your company’s authentication code to do so. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Hence, you must keep it safe.
The documents you can file online includes:
- Confirmation statement
- Company accounts
- Events driven filings i.e appoint a new director or change of your registered office address.
- Closing down your company.
Companies House has also created an interim paperless filing service to accept documents which would normally require a live signature during COVID-19 pandemic. You can easily upload your documents to the Companies House website.
If you require help with your company’s filings, contact our accountants. They will be more than happy to assist you.