High COVID alert level

What you need to know and do if you are in the local areas rated as high COVID alert level.

The Government issues the following to the public.

This means on top of restrictions in alert level medium:

– You must not socialise with anybody outside of your household or support bubble in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place.

– You must not socialise in a group of more than 6 outside, including in a garden or other spaces like beaches or parks (other than where specific exemptions apply in law).

– Businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-secure manner, other than those that remain closed in law.

– Certain businesses are required to ensure customers only consume food and drink while seated, and must close between 10 pm and 5 am.

– Businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises can continue to do so after 10 pm as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-through.

– Schools, universities and places of worship remain open.

– Weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on the number of attendees.

– Exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors; these will only be permitted indoors if it is possible for people to avoid mixing with people they do not live with or share a support bubble with; there are exceptions for supervised activities for under-18s, and disability sport.

– You can continue to travel to venues or amenities that are open, for work or to access education, but should look to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible.

You must:
wear a face-covering in those areas where this is mandated

You should continue to:

– Follow social distancing rules.
– Work from home where you can effectively do so.
– Walk or cycle where possible, or plan ahead and avoid busy times and routes on public transport.

Find out more about the measures that apply in high alert level areas to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.

Companies House filings during COVID-19 pandemic

You can submit your company documents to Companies House online. You would require your company’s authentication code to do so. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Hence, you must keep it safe.

The documents you can file online includes:

Companies House has also created an interim paperless filing service to accept documents which would normally require a live signature during COVID-19 pandemic. You can easily upload your documents to the Companies House website.

If you require help with your company’s filings, contact our accountants. They will be more than happy to assist you.

%d bloggers like this: