Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Company accountsConfirmation statement

Reminders from Companies House

No more paper reminders from Companies House. No more paper reminders from Companies House. You will receive a notice about this at your company’s or LLP’s registered office address.

Email reminders from Companies House

However, if you would still like to receive a reminder about when your confirmation statement and your company account are due, you may sign up to Companies House’s email reminder service.

Companies House provides this service for free. You can choose up to 4 people to receive a reminder about your limited company and limited liability partnership. The 4 people limit includes your accountant. Whoever signed up for the email reminder can also file your company account and your confirmation statement immediately from a link within the email.

Who is responsible to file documents with Companies House

The company law read it is the director’s responsibilities to submit company information on time to Companies House. As a director you could get a criminal record, a fine and disqualification if you do not deliver your company accounts and confirmation statement on time.

For this reason, we strongly recommend you sign up for Companies House email reminder service as soon as possible. You have nothing to lose. Furthermore, it is free.

If you have an accountant, you do not usually have to worry about Companies House filings because they will take care of it for you.

Companies House online filing services

You would require your company’s authentication code to file online. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Hence, you must keep it safe.

If you require help with your company’s confirmation statement and company accounts, contact Our accountants. They will be more than happy to assist you.

Companies House has created an interim paperless filing service to accept documents which would normally require a live signature during COVID-19 pandemic. You can easily upload your documents to the Companies House website.

If you no longer want to keep your company or LLP then you must formally apply to Companies House to have it removed from the register. If you require help to close down your company, our accountant can help you.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: