Change overseas company corporate director’s details

You must complete the Companies House form OS CH04 to change overseas company corporate director’s details. This form is different from that of the CH04 form. The CH04 is for the change of corporate secretary’s details for a limited company.

If you would like to change your individual director’s details for your overseas company then you must complete the form OS CH04.

Information required to complete the form OS CH04

You would require the following information about your overseas company to complete the form OS CH04.

Section 1: Overseas company details

You are to provide your overseas company number. Your overseas company number shall start with a prefix “FC” or “SF” or “NF” followed by six digits.

Followed by giving your overseas company full name or alternative name currently registered with Companies House.

Section 2: Corporate Director’s current details on the register

you are to provide your corporate director’s details currently held by Companies House. This would be the corporate body or firm name.

Section 3: Date of change overseas company corporate director’s details

You must specify the date of your corporate director’s details changed.

Section 4: Change of name details

You enter your corporate director’s new corporate or firm name if applicable otherwise you leave this section blank.

Section 5: Change of registered or principal office address

You must provide your corporate director’s new registered or principal address if the existing registered office held by Companies House no longer valid. This address must not be a P O Box number address. This must be a physical location.

Section 6: Change of EEA company’s details

Please specify new details where your corporate director a( firm or company) is registered in the EEA and its new registration number.

Section 7: Change of non-EEA company’s details

Provide the following new details if your corporate director is a non-EEA company.

  • Change of the legal form of your corporate director or firm, if applicable
  • Governing law, if there have changed
  • New details where the company or firm is registered, if applicable
  • And the new registration number if applicable.

Section 8: Change of corporate director’s authority

You must disclose if your corporate director has limited or unlimited authority. If you have indicated your corporate director’s authority is limited, you must provide a brief description in the box provided in the form.

Concurrently, you must also disclose if your corporate director can act alone or must act jointly. If your corporate director is not authorised to act alone then you must provide names of the persons who are authorised to act jointly.

Section 9: UK establishment

You provide your UK establishment name and registration number. Your branch number shall start with a prefix “BR” followed by six digits.

Section 7: Signature

You must hold the position of either as the overseas company director, secretary or a permanent representative in order to sign the form OS AP02.

Where to send your OS CH04 form

You may send your completed OS CH04 form to one of the following Companies House offices.

England and Wales:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Crown Way, Cardiff, Wales, CF14 3UZ.
DX 33050 Cardiff.


The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Fourth floor, Edinburgh Quay 2,
139 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9FF.
DX ED235 Edinburgh 1
or LP – 4 Edinburgh 2 (Legal Post).

Northern Ireland:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Second Floor, The Linenhall, 32-38 Linenhall Street,
Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8BG.
DX 481 N.R. Belfast 1.

Companies House filings during COVID-19 pandemic

Companies House created an interim paperless filing service to accept documents which would normally require a live signature. You can easily upload your documents to Companies House online platform.

You are also encouraged to use the WebFiling service to submit the following documents to Companies House.

For this purpose, you would require your company’s authentication code to file online. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Hence, you must keep it safe.

If you require help with your company’s filings, contact Our accountants. They will be more than happy to assist you.

%d bloggers like this: