Change overseas company director’s details

You must complete the Companies House form OS CH03 to change your overseas company director’s details. This form is different from that of the CH03 form. The CH03 is for the change of secretary’s details for a limited company.

If you would like to change your corporate director’s details for your overseas company then you must complete the form OS CH04.

Information required to complete the form OS CH03

You would require the following information about your overseas company to complete the form OS CH03.

Section 1: Overseas company details

You are to provide your overseas company number. Your overseas company number shall start with a prefix “FC” or “SF” or “NF” followed by six digits.

Followed by giving your overseas company full name or alternative name currently registered with Companies House.

Section 2: Director’s current details on the register

you are to provide your director’s details currently held by Companies House. This includes birth date, full forenames and surname.

Section 3: Date of change

You must specify the date of your director’s details changed.

Section 4: Change of name details

You enter your director’s new name if applicable otherwise you leave this section blank.

Section 5: Change of service address

You must provide a new service address if your director’s existing service address no longer valid.

The address needs not to be his/her home address. It cannot be a P O BOX address. If you do provide his/her home address as the director’s service address then this would appear on the Companies House register and available for public inspection.

If your director’s service address is the same as his/her home address then you can write “same as service address” in section 5a. Otherwise, you must disclose your director’s usual home address including postcode.

Section 6: Change of other details

You fill in what applies to your director’s circumstances.

  • Change of country or state of residence
  • Your director’s recently applied to become a British Citizen then you must fill in the change of nationality.
  • Change of business occupation.

Section 7: Your director’s authority

You must disclose whether your director has limited or unlimited authority. If you have indicated your director’s authority is limited, you must provide a brief description in the box provided in the form.

Concurrently, you must also disclose if your director can act alone or must act jointly. If your director is not authorised to act alone then you must provide names of the persons who are authorised to act jointly.

Section 8: UK establishment

You provide your overseas company’s branch name and registration number. Your branch number shall start with a prefix “BR” followed by six digits.

Section 9: Signature

You must hold the position of either as the overseas company director, secretary or a permanent representative in order to sign the form OS CH03.

Where to send your OS CH03 form

You may send your completed OS CH03 form to one of the following Companies House offices.

England and Wales:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Crown Way, Cardiff, Wales, CF14 3UZ.
DX 33050 Cardiff.


The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Fourth floor, Edinburgh Quay 2,
139 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9FF.
DX ED235 Edinburgh 1
or LP – 4 Edinburgh 2 (Legal Post).

Northern Ireland:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Second Floor, The Linenhall, 32-38 Linenhall Street,
Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8BG.
DX 481 N.R. Belfast 1.

Companies House filings during COVID-19 pandemic

Companies House created an interim paperless filing service to accept documents which would normally require a live signature. You can easily upload your documents to Companies House online platform.

You are also encouraged to use the WebFiling service to submit the following documents to Companies House.

For this purpose, you would require your company’s authentication code to file online. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Hence, you must keep it safe.

If you require help with your company’s filings, contact Our accountants. They will be more than happy to assist you.

%d bloggers like this: