Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

BrexitCompanies house administrationConfirmation statement

Become a British citizen

UK company director and company secretary must notify Companies House if you have changed your nationality recently. For example, you are applying to become a British Citizen and your application has been successful. In other words, the UK Home Office has issued you a British passport. In this case, you must notify Companies House of your new nationality.

You may use this list of nationalities to check if you specify your nationality correctly in your Companies House form and your confirmation statement.

Notify Companies House

If you are a company director with Companies House, use the form CH01 to notify Companies House that you have become a British citizen.

Whereas, if you are a company secretary, you must use the form CH03 to update your nationality with Companies House.

Generally, you notify Companies House using the online web filing service or send in your completed CH01 form by post.

If you are going to do it online. you would require your company authentication code. Without the code, you would not be able to file online.

However, you could send in your completed CH01 or CH03 form to one of Companies House offices by post. To expedite the processing of your application, it is best to send your form the appropriate address below:

For companies registered in England and Wales:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Crown Way, Cardiff, Wales, CF14 3UZ.
DX 33050 Cardiff.

For companies registered in Scotland:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Fourth floor, Edinburgh Quay 2,
139 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9FF.
DX ED235 Edinburgh 1
or LP – 4 Edinburgh 2 (Legal Post).

For companies registered in Northern Ireland:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Second Floor, The Linenhall, 32-38 Linenhall Street,
Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8BG.
DX 481 N.R. Belfast 1.

Section 243 exemption

If you are applying for, or have been granted protection of your home address under section 243 exemption, please post this form to the different postal address below:

The Registrar of Companies, PO Box 4082, Cardiff, CF14 3WE.

The update of your company director’s and secretary’s personal particulars with Companies House would not affect your company accounts disclosure.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: