Protect director home address

You can apply to protect your director home address under Section 243 of the Companies Act 2006. Your home address will not be disclosed to Credit Reference Agencies or being published on Companies House register.

You may like to protect your home address if you are at risk of violence or intimidation. For example, if your company trades in animals furs and you have become the target of animals activists. In this situation, protect your home address from being sent to credit reference agencies or published on the public register is a wise move.

The form SR04

Firstly, you must contact Companies House to request the form SR04 to be sent to you.

Companies House contacts

General query about protection02920 348354
Send the completed application toThe Registrar of Companies
PO Box 4082
CF14 3WE

Evidence to support your application

You must provide the following information to support your application.

  1. A statement why you would like your home address being protected.
  2. Your full name including former name, birth date and your usual home address details.
  3. Company name and its registration number which you are or proposed to become a director.

if you consider that there is a serious risk that you, or a person who lives with you, will be subjected to violence or intimidation as a result of the activities undertaken by the company or overseas company or limited liability partnership, you can apply to protect your director home address.

You must provide the name and registration number of the company, overseas company or limited liability partnerships involved.

Complete your application form and enclose a cheque for the application fee if applicable and send it to Companies House.

Click here for a list of Companies House forms to use to restrict the disclosure of personal information.

Companies House filings during COVID-19 pandemic

Companies House created an interim paperless filing service to accept documents which would normally require a live signature. You can easily upload your documents to Companies House online platform.

On the same note, you are also encouraged to use the WebFiling service to submit the following documents to Companies House.

Correspondingly, you would require your company’s authentication code to file online. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Hence, you must keep it safe.

If you require help with your company’s filings, contact Our accountants. They will be more than happy to assist you.

%d bloggers like this: