British Embassy in Qatar

British nationals living or visiting Qatar may contact the British Embassy in Qatar if you have any questions about your travel documents or passport.

The British Embassy in Qatar is located in Doha. The office is closed during public holiday.

AddressBritish Embassy Doha
West Bay
Dafna Area, Onaiza Zone 66, Al Shabab Street.
PO Box 3 Doha
TelephoneTelephone+974 4496 2000
Fax+974 4496 2086
Opening hoursSunday to Wednesday, 0800 to 1500hrs (Local)
Thursday, 0800 to 1300hrs (Local)

Get information about a British company from Qatar

Generally, you may contact Companies House directly if you would like to get information about a British company.

Universally, British companies are required to submit their company accounts and confirmation statement to Companies House every year. Hence, you would be able to get the full trading history of a British company from Companies House. And this information is free of charge.

If you have any questions about how to submit your company accounts and confirmation statement with Companies House while you are in Qatar, our accountants can help you with this as well.

Setting up or doing business in the UK

On the other hand, you may contact the Department for International Trade (DIT) if you have questions about setting up or doing business in the UK. The UK encourages international trade and provide support to help businesses to get started.

Coronavirus COVID19 outbreak

The World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic. For this reason, please follow the UK government guidance for travel advice. If you are in Qatar, follow their country’s advice if you are unable to return to the UK.

Other British Embassy worldwide

Click here for other British Embassy worldwide.

Companies House records your call

Companies House records your call to their helpline number 0303 1234 500 for 18 months. Thereafter the call log will be deleted. knowing this is helpful when errors occurred.

Certificate of good standing errors

For example, one of our accountants ordered a certificate of good standing from Companies House via the telephone. Usually, we wanted all information including directors and shareholders on the certificate. We received the certificate of good standing without this information only the very standard certification. But our client requires this information on the certificate for their bank. We contacted Companies House and we gave them the order number. They traced the call and listen to it again. In this situation, it was our accountant’s error, she forgot to request that information specifically. Consequently, we have to re-order the certificate and pay again. Lesson learnt for everyone.

Company dissolution error

Another situation was that a client approached us to submit their confirmation statement urgently. Companies House already proposed to strike off his company. Furthermore, his registered office address was no longer valid and he misplaced his company’s authentication code.

We contacted Companies House to request them to put the strike off on hold. We can do this if there is at least 2 weeks before the expiry of two months from a strike-off notice being published on the Gazette.

The staff answered the phone at Companies House agreed to put the dissolution process on hold. When we received our authentication code to file the confirmation statement online. The company is dissolved. To cut the long story short, we took advantage of “the Companies House records your call” and we provide the time and date of our call log. Companies House traced the call and listened to it. Companies House restored the company and waived the statutory fee.

Disability and health condition support for Companies House users

Generally, Companies House provides disability and health condition support for Companies House users. This is a very useful support for people with the following disability and health conditions.

  • Hearing impairment
  • Vision impairment
  • Motor impairment where you have partial or total loss of function of a body part, for example, a limb.
  • Cognitive impairment.
  • Speech impairments.
  • Seizure disorders.

If you require any accessibility support to help you to meet your legal filing responsibilities with the Registrar, feel free to contact Companies House.

For example, if you cannot see well. In other words, your vision is impaired. You may request Companies House to call to remind you when your confirmation statement and company accounts are due for filing.

Telephone: 0303 1234 500
Minicom or textphone: 029 2022 6788
Welsh language: 0303 1234 500

Alternatively, you can also write to Companies House at the following address discussing what type of accessibility support you require and if they could help you.

Companies House
Crown Way
Cardiff CF14 3UZ
DX 33050

Companies House are very generous with their support to help users with disability and health condition. You may read about their hard work and effort to provide accessibility support to the public in general here.

A little help from one another makes the world a better place to live.

%d bloggers like this: