Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

BrexitCompanies house administrationCompany accountsConfirmation statementOverseas company in the UK

Countries use the euro

Countries use the euro as their official national currency are listed below. They form the Eurozone. These countries are also members of the EU.

List of countries that use the euro

  1. Austria
  2. Belgium
  3. Cyprus
  4. Estonia
  5. Finland
  6. France
  7. Germany
  8. Greece
  9. Ireland
  10. Italy
  11. Latvia
  12. Lithuania
  13. Luxembourg
  14. Malta
  15. the Netherlands
  16. Portugal
  17. Slovakia
  18. Slovenia
  19. Spain

Click here to find out the national currency of a country around the globe.

Can you use the euro in the UK?

The UK’s official currency is Pound Sterling. However, some large retailers in the UK such as Selfridges and Harrods accept foreign currencies including the euro over the counter.

Paying Companies House

Companies House in the UK only accepts payments in pound sterling.

If you are based in the countries that use the euro, for example, in Austria, you can pay Companies House by bank transfer using a bank in your home country. Your remittance will be converted into Pound Sterling when arriving the UK bank account. Companies House Bank account details are as follows:

Sort code: 52 21 07
Account number: 41005309
Swift Code: NW BK GB 2L
IBAN: GB34NWBK52210741005309

You must clearly state your company number on your bank transfer and use it as the reference. Thereafter, email your remittance advice to on the same day as your payment is sent – clearly stating the company name and number as the subject of your email. This will allow Companies House to process your payment quickly.

Paying Companies House by bank transfer may be more cost-effective with a larger sum like paying your late filing penalty for delivering your company accounts late.

For smaller filing fees, you can pay online using your debit or credit card. For example, you can pay your Confirmation statement filing fee at the same time filing your statement. If you are using debit or credit card issued by a bank outside the UK, you may be charged a foreign transaction fee.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: