The Companies etc. (Filing Requirements) (Temporary Modifications) Regulations 2020 was created on 26 June 2020 and come into force from 27 June 2020. Under this new law, your company will have 6 weeks to submit your Confirmation Statement instead of the usual 14 days filing deadline.
6 weeks to submit your Confirmation Statement filing deadline is automatically extended
You do not have to do anything. Companies House will automatically extend your Confirmation Statement filing deadline. Go to Companies House website to check your confirmation statement filing deadline.
Take note that your confirmation statement’s review period would not change. For example, if your next confirmation statement date is 20 May 2020. Your confirmation statement date remains unchanged on 20 May 2020. The only thing changed is your filing deadline, from 14 days to 42 days. That’s it. Do not amend your confirmation statement’s review period date.
This automatic extension applies to the following company type:
- Private limited companies
- Public limited companies (PLCs)
- Limited liability partnerships (LLPs)
- Scottish limited partnerships (SLPs)
- Scottish qualifying partnerships (SQPs)
- Societas Europaea (SEs)
You may read the guidance here.
You can submit your confirmation statement online or by post. If you are going to submit by post, go to Companies House website to print the latest Confirmation statement form CS01 and complete it to Companies House.
Whereas for online filing, you would require your company’s authentication code. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Keep safe your authentication code.
If you have misplaced your authentication code, you may request it again from Companies House. Companies House will send your code to your company’s registered office address. You can also sign up for email reminders with Companies House for this filing.
If you require help with your confirmation statement filings, contact our accountants. They can help you.
Other help and support to businesses by Companies House
Companies House also grants an automatic extension for the following filings.
- Company accounts filing deadline automatic extension for private (LTD) and public companies (PLCs), limited liability partnerships (LLPs), Overseas Companies and Societas Europaea (SEs).
- Events driven filings deadlines also extend to 42 days. For example, you have moved your registered office to a new address. You also have 6 weeks to notify Companies House.
- Mortgage charges registration has a further 10 days, a total of 31 days to submit the document with Companies House.