Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Limited liability partnership (LLP)

Registered office for Limited Liability Partnership

Registered office for your limited liability partnership (LLP) must be a physical location. Companies House does not accept P O BOX address as a valid registered office address.

Both HM Revenue and Customs and Companies House send reminders and letters to your registered office. This includes legal notices.

Your registered office address need not be a place where you run your business. Some businesses use their accountants’ office as their registered office so that their statutory mails can be dealt with promptly.

If you are no longer able to access mails sent to your registered office address, it is time to change it. You must submit the form LL AD01 to Companies House.

Companies House will strike off your LLP if they received mails sent to your registered office was returned to sender. In other words, their letters were unable to reach out to your LLP partners. Thus, it is imperative that you have a valid registered office address at all times. If you move office, remember to change your registered office with Companies House within 14 days.

Another thing is, remember to renew your registered office address service if you are using a service provider. The provider usually returns your LLP mails to the sender if your service has expired with them.

Limited liability partnership registered office location

Generally, If your Limited Liability Partnership is registered with Companies House in England then your registered office must be situated in England.

For instance, your LLP has been originally registered office as only being situated in Wales then your registered office cannot be situated outside of Wales.

Likewise, If your LLP is registered with Companies House in Scotland, your registered office must be situated in Scotland.

Similarly, you must always use a registered address situated in Northern Ireland if your LLP is originally registered in Northern Ireland.

Contact us if you require help with updating your registered office with Companies House. You must notify your registered office address changes before you submit your confirmation statement if your statement is due.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: