Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Companies house administrationOverseas company in the UK

Change overseas company’s details

You must complete the Companies House form OS CH02 to Change overseas company’s details. You must deliver this form to Companies House within 21 days of the change being made.

Information required to complete the form OS CH02

You must complete the following sections of the form OS CH02 to Change overseas company’s details.

Part 1:

Section A1: Overseas company details

Provide your overseas company number. your overseas company number shall start with a prefix “FC” or “SF” or NF” followed by six digits.

Write your overseas company full name or alternative name currently registered with Companies House.

Part 2:

Section B1: change in legal form

You must provide details of if your overseas company has changed its legal form either by its own decision or by a change in its parent law.

You must also provide the date of the change occurred.

Section B2: Change to accounting requirements

You must specify the period for which your overseas company is required to prepare accounts by parent law, in substitution for a period previously notified.

And, provide the period allowed for your overseas company to prepare and disclose the accounts for the above accounting period.

Section B3: Principal place of business or registered office address in parent country

Provide the new address and the date of change of your principal place of business or registered office address.

Section B4: Objects

Provide details of what has changed in your overseas company’s objects and also the date of the change took place.

Section B5: Capital

You are to provide details of if there is a change in your share capital. For example, more shares have been issued during the year or shares cancelled etc. And provide the date when this event took place.

Section B6: Governing law

List any changes in governing law under which your overseas company was registered and give the date of change.

Section B7: UK establishments

You provide your UK establishment name and registration number. Your branch number shall start with a prefix “BR” followed by six digits.

Section 7: Signature

You must sign the form. You must hold the position of either as the overseas company director, secretary or a permanent representative in order to sign the form OS CH02.

Where to send your OS CH02 form

You may send your completed OS CH02 form to one of the following Companies House offices.

England and Wales:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Crown Way, Cardiff, Wales, CF14 3UZ.
DX 33050 Cardiff.


The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Fourth floor, Edinburgh Quay 2,
139 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9FF.
DX ED235 Edinburgh 1
or LP – 4 Edinburgh 2 (Legal Post).

Northern Ireland:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Second Floor, The Linenhall, 32-38 Linenhall Street,
Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8BG.
DX 481 N.R. Belfast 1.

Companies House filings during COVID-19 pandemic

Companies House created an interim paperless filing service to accept documents which would normally require a live signature. You can easily upload your documents to Companies House online platform.

You are also encouraged to use the WebFiling service to submit the following documents to Companies House.

For this purpose, you would require your company’s authentication code to file online. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Hence, you must keep it safe.

If you require help with your company’s filings, contact Our accountants. They will be more than happy to assist you.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: