Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Overseas company in the UKStarting a business

Register an overseas company in the UK

Register an overseas company in the UK is relatively straight forward. You are basically registering your place of business in the UK with Companies House under your overseas company. For example, a branch in London, England. For this purpose, you must complete the Companies House form OS IN01.

Thereafter, send the completed Companies House form to one of the Companies House offices. To expedite your registration process, if your branch is located in England then send your Companies House form to the England and Wales office address.

England and Wales

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Crown Way, Cardiff, Wales, CF14 3UZ.
DX 33050 Cardiff.


The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Fourth floor, Edinburgh Quay 2,
139 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9FF.
DX ED235 Edinburgh 1
or LP – 4 Edinburgh 2 (Legal Post).

Northern Ireland

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Second Floor, The Linenhall, 32-38 Linenhall Street,
Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8BG.
DX 481 N.R. Belfast 1.

Higher protection

If you are applying for, or have been granted, higher protection, please post this whole form to the different postal address below:

The Registrar of Companies, PO Box 4082,
Cardiff, CF14 3WE.

Remember to enclose a cheque or a postal order to register your overseas company in the UK.

If you have any questions about registering an overseas company or completing your OS IN01 Companies House form, contact us or Companies House.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: