Register your Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) with The Office of the Public Guardian (OPG). Usually, the registration of your LPA would take about 40 working days. However, it may take longer during this COVID-19 outbreak.
Use the OPG’s online service to make your Lasting Power of Attorney if you are in England or Wales. This online service will allow you to track your application progress.
You must print your LPA form and get it signs by several people.
The Lasting Power of Attorney to be signed in this order
- The donor must sign first.
- You must have a witness to watch you sign your LPA. Your witness will sign your LPA straight after you signed the form.
- Thereafter, your certificate provider must sign after the donor signed it.
- Followed by your attorneys and replacement attorneys to sign. They must have someone to witness their signing too.
Register your signed LPA form
After your LPA form is signed, dated and complete. You may send your documents to the Office of the Public Guardian’s office to register your Lasting Power of Attorney to make it official. Without registration, your LPA is useless.
Office of the Public Guardian
PO Box 16185
Read the full guidance on registering your LPA during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Companies House filings during COVID-19 outbreak
Companies House also working together with the government to help UK businesses during this pandemic. They grant an automatic extension for the following filings on 27 June 2020.
- Company accounts filing deadline extension for private limited companies limited liability partnerships, Overseas Companies, PLCs and SEs.
- 6 weeks to submit your confirmation statement under the new law, The Companies etc. (Filing Requirements) (Temporary Modifications) Regulations 2020. Previously, you must submit your confirmation statement within 14 days deadline.
- Events driven filings deadlines also extend to 42 days. For example, you have moved your registered office to a new address. You also have 6 weeks to notify Companies House.
- Mortgage charges registration has a further 10 days, a total of 31 days to submit the document with Companies House.