Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Company names and incorporationOverseas company in the UKSetup limited company

Prince and Princess

Prince and Princess are sensitive words. You must seek approval from a relevant body to use these words in your proposed company or business name.

England & Northern Ireland

AddressCabinet Office
Constitutional Policy Team
4th Floor (Orange Zone)
1 Horse Guards Road


AddressBranding Manager
Communications Division
Welsh Government
Cathays Park
CF10 3NQ


AddressScottish Government
Protocol and Honours Team
Room 4N.02
St. Andrew’s House
Regent Road
Source: GOV.UK

You must provide the following information in your correspondence when writing to the relevant body to seek approval.

  • The reasons you wish to use this word
  • Whether your organisation already exists, its current activities and future plans
  • Details of any Royal or Government associations
  • Details of leading members and membership numbers
  • If your company name represents a pub, evidence of location and length of time in existence
  • Evidence, if the word is your surname
  • Any other relevant information

You can use the Company name availability checker to check if your proposed company name is still available for registration.

Correspondingly, you must provide a copy of the letter or email of non-objection from the relevant body together with your company incorporation application to Companies House.

How to register a company?

Concise Accountants provide company formation services. Our accountants will handle the incorporation of your limited company from start to finish. We will also advise you whether your supporting evidence is sufficient to support the use of Prince and/or Princess in your company name.

Universally, your company’s registered office must be a real address. Companies House would not accept P O Box numbers as your registered office address.

Maintain your limited company

After your company has been successfully incorporated. There are a few documents you must file with the UK Authorities every year.

Firstly, at every anniversary of your company, you are required to prepare and submit your confirmation statement with Companies House. The confirmation statement is a snapshot of information about your company shares structure, directors on board, shareholders and registered office.

On the same note, you must also inform Companies House if your company details changed. For example, you appoint a new director or your registered office address has changed.

Additionally, you must submit your company accounts to Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). For HMRC, you must include your corporation tax return together with your company accounts. Concise Accountants offers fixed fee accounts packages to limited companies to take care of your company accounts and corporation tax return. The packages are suitable for startup businesses and small companies. Feel free to contact our accountants to discuss.

Other sensitive or reserved words

Click here for other sensitive words that require you to obtain a consent to use in your company or business name in the United Kingdom.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: