Industrial and Provident Society

Industrial and Provident Society is a sensitive expression. Industrial and Provident Societies (now known as Registered Societies in England, Wales and Scotland) are registered and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, or in Northern Ireland by the Department for the Economy.

You cannot use this expression in your company or business name. For further information, please contact the relevant body.

England, Wales and Scotland

AddressFinancial Conduct Authority (FCA)
25 The North Colonnade
Canary Wharf
E14 5HS

Northern Ireland

AddressRegistry of Credit Unions and Industrial & Provident Societies
Department for the Economy
Adelaide House
39-49 Adelaide Street
Source: GOV.UK

Company name availability check

You can use the Company name availability checker to check if your proposed company name is still available for registration.

How to register a company?

Concise Accountants provide company formation services. Our accountants will handle the incorporation of your limited company from start to finish. We will also advise you whether your supporting evidence is sufficient to support the use of ‘Industrial and Provident Society’ in your company name.

Universally, your company’s registered office must be a real address. Companies House would not accept P O Box numbers as your registered office address.

Maintain your limited company

You would have to submit a few documents with the UK Authorities every year.

Firstly, at every anniversary of your company, you are required to prepare and submit your confirmation statement with Companies House. The confirmation statement is a snapshot of information about your company shares structure, directors, shareholders and registered office.

On the same note, you must also inform Companies House if your company details changed. For example, you appoint a new director or your registered office address has changed.

Additionally, you must submit your company accounts to Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). For HMRC, you must include your corporation tax return together with your company accounts.

Other sensitive or reserved words

Click here for other sensitive words that require you to obtain a consent to use in your company or business name in the United Kingdom.

Leave a Comment

*Required fields Please validate the required fields



%d bloggers like this: