Higher Education

Higher Education is a sensitive expression. You must provide a letter or email of non-objection from the relevant body to use this expression in your company name.

If you wish to use this expression in your business name then the relevant contact body will depend on the location of the principal place of business. For example, if this is in England then you should contact the England Government.

England and Wales

AddressDepartment for Education
Further Education Group
Sanctuary Buildings
20 Great Smith St.

Wales (for Welsh Companies)

AddressBranding Manager
Communications Division
Welsh Government
Cathays Park
CF10 3NQ
Applicable toa Welsh company as specified in s.88 Companies Act 2006

Northern Ireland

AddressDepartment for Employment and Learning
Head of Higher Education, Finance &
39-49 Adelaide Street


AddressScottish Government
Higher Education Governance Team
Atlantic Quay
150 Broomielaw
G2 8LG
Source: GOV.UK

Company name availability check

You can use the Company name availability checker to check if your proposed company name is still available for registration.

How to register a company?

Concise Accountants provide company formation services. Our accountants will handle the incorporation of your limited company from start to finish. We will also advise you whether your supporting evidence is sufficient to support the use of ‘Higher Education’ in your company name.

Universally, your company’s registered office must be a real address. Companies House would not accept P O Box numbers as your registered office address.

Maintain your limited company

You would have to submit a few documents with the UK Authorities every year.

Firstly, at every anniversary of your company, you are required to prepare and submit your confirmation statement with Companies House. The confirmation statement is a snapshot of information about your company shares structure, directors, shareholders and registered office.

On the same note, you must also inform Companies House if your company details changed. For example, you appoint a new director or your registered office address has changed.

Additionally, you must submit your company accounts to Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). For HMRC, you must include your corporation tax return together with your company accounts.

Other sensitive or reserved words

Click here for other sensitive words that require you to obtain a consent to use in your company or business name in the United Kingdom.

%d bloggers like this: