Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Companies house administrationCompany dissolution

How to object a company being struck off

You can object a company being struck off if you have good reasons to do so. For example, the company is still trading or owed you money when you see the dissolution notice on the Gazette. For this purpose, you must send your objection in writing with supporting evidence to Companies House.

Generally, your objection must reach Companies House within 2 months and at least 2 weeks before it is officially being struck off.

By email

You can send an email to Companies House at

By post

Companies House England and Wales

Dissolution Section
Registrar of Companies for England and Wales
Companies House
Crown Way
CF14 3UZ

Companies House Northern Ireland

Dissolution Section
Registrar of Companies for Northern Ireland
Companies House
2nd Floor
The Linenhall
32-38 Linenhall Street

Companies House Scotland

Dissolution Section
Registrar of Companies for Scotland
Companies House
4th Floor
Edinburgh Quay 2
139 Fountainbridge

May be too late to object

If you think your objection documents will not arrive in time, call Companies House – they may decide to delay the process by 2 weeks.

Companies House
Telephone: 0303 1234 500
Textphone: 029 2022 6788
Welsh language: 029 2038 0065
Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 6 pm

Call Companies House if you have a disability that prevents you from emailing or posting your objection. You’ll have one month to arrange for someone to email or post supporting evidence for you.

Review your objection

Thereafter, Companies House would review your objection and supporting evidence. If your application is successful, they will postpone the struck off process usually 3 or 6 months. During this period, you shall communicate with Companies House if you require more time to take legal action against the company and so on.

This is how to object to a company being struck off the register.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: