Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Company names and incorporationOverseas company in the UKsetup limited company

Health Care professions and protected titles

Health Care professions and protected titles are sensitive expressions. You must provide an email or letter of authorisation from the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) to use any of these expressions in your company or business name.

Health and Care Professions Council

AddressRegistration Department
Health and Care Professions Council
Park House
184 Kennington Park Road
SE11 4BU
Source: GOV.UK

Protected titles for health care sector in the UK

NoProfessionProtected title
1Art therapistArts psychotherapist, art therapist, drama therapist, music therapist
2Biomedical scientistBiomedical scientist
3Chiropodist/podiatristChiropodist, podiatrist
4Clinical scientistClinical scientist
5DietitianDietitian, dietician
6Hearing aid dispenserHearing aid dispenser
7Occupational therapistOccupational therapist
8Operating department practitionerOperating department practitioner
11PhysiotherapistPhysiotherapist, physical therapist
12Practitioner psychologistPractitioner psychologist, registered psychologist, clinical psychologist, counselling psychologist, educational psychologist, forensic psychologist, health psychologist
13Occupational psychologistOccupational psychologist
14Sport and exercise psychologistSport and exercise psychologist
15Prosthetist/orthotistProsthetist, orthotist
16RadiographerRadiographer, diagnostic radiographer, therapeutic radiographer
17Social worker (in England)Social worker
18Speech and language therapistSpeech and language therapist, speech therapist

Company name availability check

You can use the Company name availability checker to check if your proposed company name is still available for registration.

How to register a company?

Concise Accountants provide company formation services. Our accountants will handle the incorporation of your limited company from start to finish. We will also advise you whether your supporting evidence is sufficient to support the use of any of the Health Care professions and protected titles in your company name.

Universally, your company’s registered office must be a real address. Companies House would not accept P O Box numbers as your registered office address.

Maintain your limited company

You would have to submit a few documents with the UK Authorities every year.

Firstly, at every anniversary of your company, you are required to prepare and submit your confirmation statement with Companies House. The confirmation statement is a snapshot of information about your company shares structure, directors, shareholders and registered office.

On the same note, you must also inform Companies House if your company details changed. For example, you appoint a new director or your registered office address has changed.

Additionally, you must submit your company accounts to Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). For HMRC, you must include your corporation tax return together with your company accounts. Concise Accountants offers fixed fee accounts packages to limited companies to take care of your company accounts and corporation tax return. The packages are suitable for startup businesses and small companies. Feel free to contact our accountants to discuss.

Other sensitive or regulated words

Click here for other sensitive words that require you to obtain a consent to use in your company or business name in the United Kingdom.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: