Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Company restoration

Get your company money back

Commonly, assets of your dissolved company become bona vacantia and passed on to the Crown. Generally, you can get your company money back after Companies House restored your company.

How to claim your bona vacantia assets

First of all, you must contact the Bona Vacantia Division of the Government Legal Department at the address below.

Treasury Solicitor

Government Legal Department
Bona Vacantia Division
PO Box 70165
DX: 123240 Kingsway
Tel: 020 7210 4700 (press option 1)

If your company’s registered office is in Lancashire or Cornwall then you write to Messrs Farrer & Co at the address below.

Messrs Farrer & Co.

66 Lincolns Inn Fields
London WC2A 3LH
DX: 32 Chancery Lane
Tel: 020 3375 7000
Fax: 020 3375 7001

What you can claim back

Normally, you can claim back all the cash belongs to your dissolved company including those collected while your company was dissolved. In addition, you are also entitled to claim the net proceeds of the sale of any properties belong to your dissolved company sold by the Bona Vacantia Division while your company was dissolved.

Documents to submit to get your company money back

You must complete and submit the following documentation to the Bona Vacantia Division to get your company money back.

  • a completed application form RA15
  • a copy of the court order restoring the company or confirmation of administrative restoration from Companies House (whichever applies)
  • a Payment Authority where repayment is not being made payable to the company‚Äôs name
  • proof of identity.

Thereafter, send your documents to the following address.

Bona Vacantia – Cash Balance

Government Legal Department (BVD)
PO Box 2119
CR90 9QU

Telephone: 020 7210 4700


Please use this email address for all enquiries relating to the cash assets of dissolved companies. On the other hand, take note that the Bona Vacantia Division does not provide legal advice including company restoration.

Lastly, If you have any questions about restoring your company, please contact Companies House directly or speak to our London accountants.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: