Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Company names and incorporationOverseas company in the UKsetup limited company


Chartered is a sensitive word. You must provide a letter from your professional body confirming you are authorized to use this title in your proposed company name.

You must include a copy of the letter or email of non-objection from a relevant body in your incorporation application to Companies House.

If the use of this word is intended to represent the name of a professional body, you must provide evidence of its royal charter status. If you’re already using this word in the name of an existing body, you cannot automatically use it in the name of another body.

These requirements do not apply to expressions such as ‘Chartered Flights’ or ‘Chartered Travel’.

This company name registration rule also applies to overseas company registration in the UK.

You can use the Company name availability checker to check if your proposed company name is still available for registration.

How to register a company?

Concise Accountants provide company formation services. Our accountants will handle the incorporation of your limited company from start to finish. Concurrently, we will also advise you whether your supporting evidence is sufficient to support the use of Chartered in your company name.

Universally, your company’s registered office must be a real address. Companies House would not accept P O Box numbers as your registered office address.

Maintain your limited company

After your company has been successfully incorporated. There are a few documents you must prepare and submit with the UK Authorities every year.

Firstly, at every anniversary of your company, you are required to prepare and submit your confirmation statement with Companies House. The confirmation statement is a snapshot of information about your company shares structure, directors on board and shareholders and registered office.

On the same note, you must also inform Companies House if your company details changed. For example, you appoint a new director or your registered office address has changed.

Additionally, you must submit your company accounts to Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). For HMRC, you must include your corporation tax return together with your company accounts. Concise Accountants offers fixed fee accounts packages to limited companies. Our accountants will take care of your company accounts and corporation tax return for you. The packages are suitable for startup businesses and small companies. Feel free to contact our accountants to discuss.

Other sensitive or reserved words

Click here for other sensitive or reserved words that require you to obtain a consent to use in your company or business name in the United Kingdom.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: