Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Company names and incorporationSetup limited company


Association is a sensitive word. Normally, the word Association is commonly used in the name of a company limited by guarantee. If you are to use this word in your company name then you shall include A one member one-vote clause and a non-profit distribution clause in your articles of association.

Concurrently, the non-profit clause must state that any profits are used to further the objects of the company. And, not paid to the members as dividends.

Likewise, in the case of a business name. You must include similar clauses in your articles, constitution or relevant governance document.

Correspondingly, you must provide a copy of this document with your incorporation application to Companies House.

However, these requirements do not apply if your company or business is a resident or tenant association.

You can use the Company name availability checker to check if your proposed company name is still available for registration.

How to register a company?

Concise Accountants provide company formation services. Our accountants will handle the incorporation of your limited company from start to finish. We will also advise you whether your supporting evidence is sufficient to support the use of Association in your company name.

Universally, your company’s registered office must be a real address. Companies House would not accept P O Box numbers as your registered office address.

Maintain your limited company

After your company has been successfully incorporated. There are a few documents you must prepare and submit with the UK Authorities every year.

Firstly, at every anniversary of your company, you are required to prepare and submit your confirmation statement with Companies House. The confirmation statement is a snapshot of information about your company shares structure, directors, shareholders and registered office.

On the same note, you must also inform Companies House if your company details changed. For example, you appoint a new director or your registered office address has changed.

Additionally, you must submit your company accounts to Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). For HMRC, you must include your corporation tax return together with your company accounts. Concise Accountants offers fixed fee accounts packages to limited companies to take care of your company accounts and corporation tax return. The packages are suitable for startup businesses and small companies. Feel free to contact our accountants to discuss.

Other sensitive or regulated words and expressions

Click here for other sensitive or reserved words that require you to obtain a consent to use in your company or business name in the United Kingdom.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: