Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Company names and incorporationSetup limited company


Accredit, Accreditation, Accredited and Accrediting are sensitive words. You must obtain a letter or email of non-objection from the BEIS to use one of the following words in your company name.

  • Accredit
  • Accreditation
  • Accredited
  • Accrediting

BEIS contact information

BEIS addressDepartment for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
Standards and Accreditation Team
Regulatory Delivery Directorate
1 Victoria Street
Source: GOV.UK

To speed up your application, make sure your email or letter is marked for the attention of the ‘Standards and Accreditation Team – Regulatory Delivery Directorate’. Before proceeding please read the additional government’s guidance.

You can use the Company name availability checker to check if your proposed company name is still available for registration.

Correspondingly, you must include a copy of the letter or email from the BEIS in your company incorporation application to Companies House.

How to register a company?

Concise Accountants provide company formation services. Our accountants will handle the incorporation of your limited company from start to finish. We will also advise you whether your supporting evidence is sufficient to support the use of Accredit or Accreditation or Accredited or Accrediting in your company name.

Universally, your company’s registered office must be a real address. Companies House would not accept P O Box numbers as your registered office address.

Maintain your limited company

After your company has been successfully incorporated. There are a few documents you must prepare and submit with the UK Authorities every year.

Firstly, at every anniversary of your company, you are required to prepare and submit your confirmation statement with Companies House. The confirmation statement is a snapshot of information about your company shares structure, directors, shareholders and registered office.

On the same note, you must also inform Companies House if your company details changed. For example, you appoint a new director or your registered office address has changed.

Additionally, you must submit your company accounts to Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). For HMRC, you must include your corporation tax return together with your company accounts. Concise Accountants offers fixed fee accounts packages to limited companies to take care of your company accounts and corporation tax return. The packages are suitable for startup businesses and small companies. Feel free to contact our accountants to discuss.

Other sensitive or reserved words

Click here for other sensitive or reserved words that require you to obtain a consent to use in your company or business name in the United Kingdom.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: