A company must keep and maintain a Register of debenture holders when your company issue a debenture. In addition, this register must be made available for inspection at your company’s registered office. If it is not kept there, then inspection would be at your single alternative inspection location (SAIL) address.
Right to inspect the register of debenture holders
Generally, any person can inspect your Register of debenture holders under section 744 of the Companies Act 2006. The person must make the request to your company. Accordingly, the person must provide the following information.
- He/she must provide his name and address.
- The name and address of the person responsible for making the request if it is on behalf of the organisation.
- The purpose for which the information is to be used.
- if the information is going to be shared with any other person, then you must provide the following.
- The person’s name and address
- The name and address of that individual responsible for receiving the information on behalf, if it is an organisation.
- How the information will be used and the purpose. For disclosure under S.744 (4) of the Companies Act 2006.
Comply with request
Your company must response to the request within 5 working days. You have the options. You either comply with the request or you apply to court for refusal of compliance. Correspondingly, you must inform the person if you are making a court application.