Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

VAT compliance

Where to send VAT application

Where to send your VAT application when you apply for VAT by post.

Your business is required to register for VAT once your sales reached the VAT registration threshold. You may also register for VAT on voluntarily.

Your VAT application forms must be sent to the dedicated VAT office that deal with VAT registration if you are applying your VAT number by post.

You may appoint an accountant to handle your VAT application or you may apply directly with HM Revenue and Customs.

VAT application by post

Send your VAT application to the following HMRC office.

HMRC VAT Registration Service
Crown House
Birch Street
West Midlands

If you have any question about registering for VAT and you do not have representing accountants to deal with your application, you may contact VAT helpline on 0300 200 3700 for advice. They may also be able to help you with questions on how to update your VAT details or request for cancellation of your VAT registered status.

Bought a VAT Registered Business

If you have recently bought a VAT registered business and wish to keep the VAT number, your VAT1 and VAT68 forms must be sent to Grimsby VAT office. The full address is as follows:

Grimsby VAT Registration Unit
HM Revenue and Customs
Imperial House
77 Victoria Street
Grimsby DN31 1DB

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: