Correct mistakes on your Confirmation Statement

You can correct mistakes on your Confirmation Statement with Companies House. The Companies Act 2006 only allows one Confirmation Statement to be filed for a confirmation period. In other words, you cannot replace the entire confirmation statement you already filed with Companies House with a new one for the same period. However, there is a way to do it. You must apply to Companies House.

How to correct mistakes on your Confirmation Statement

If it has come to light that your last confirmation statement contained errors, you can Second Filing to correct mistakes on your confirmation statement.

The correct way to do it is, you complete the form RP04 on paper together with the part of the confirmation statement form that contains errors.

For example, if the details of the Person with Significant Control (PSC) was incorrect, then you would complete Part 5 of the CS01 form only. Likewise, if your statement of capital is incorrect, then you would complete part 2 of the CS01 form.

Thereafter, you only send your RP04 and the relevant part of the CS01 form with the corrected information to Companies House. Do not send the whole CS01 form to Companies House, not even the front page of the CS01 form.

Another document you must include is the PR03 if your company has opted in the PROOF scheme.

To amend your company accounts already submitted to Companies House, simply send in your amended accounts and mark the account as “AMENDED”. Then, Companies House will publish both accounts on your public record.

If you have any questions about correcting mistakes on your confirmation statement, contact companies house.

What happens if you forget to submit your confirmation statement?

Companies House requires every limited (LTD) company and limited liability partnership (LLP) to submit their confirmation statement and annual accounts every year. This includes companies not yet started trading. In other words, dormant companies. So, what happens if you forget to submit your confirmation statement?

First of all, It is a criminal offence to not submit your confirmation statement.

Consequently, all your company directors and company secretary ( if you have one) may be prosecuted and subject to expensive fines.

Another thing is, Companies House may strike off your company from the public register. Your company would then have a prominent status of “DISSOLVED” on the public register. This status also means that the public can register the exact same company name as yours dissolved one if they wish. If your company name is taken by someone then you cannot restore your dissolved company.

This is what happens if you forget to submit your confirmation statement.

How to submit your confirmation statement

Generally, you have 14 days to deliver your confirmation statement with Companies House. You can do it online or deliver your printed A4 size confirmation statement CS01 form by post.

Reminders to your registered office

Usually, Companies House would send out reminders to your registered office to remind you of your document due. If they receive no response, they will send out reminders to your director’s service address. If they still receive no response from your company, after a period of time lapsed, Companies House will strike off your company from the public register. Therefore, it is very important that you ensure your registered office and service address are up to date with Companies House.

Become a British citizen

UK company director and company secretary must notify Companies House if you have changed your nationality recently. For example, you are applying to become a British Citizen and your application has been successful. In other words, the UK Home Office has issued you a British passport. In this case, you must notify Companies House of your new nationality.

You may use this list of nationalities to check if you specify your nationality correctly in your Companies House form and your confirmation statement.

Notify Companies House

If you are a company director with Companies House, use the form CH01 to notify Companies House that you have become a British citizen.

Whereas, if you are a company secretary, you must use the form CH03 to update your nationality with Companies House.

Generally, you notify Companies House using the online web filing service or send in your completed CH01 form by post.

If you are going to do it online. you would require your company authentication code. Without the code, you would not be able to file online.

However, you could send in your completed CH01 or CH03 form to one of Companies House offices by post. To expedite the processing of your application, it is best to send your form the appropriate address below:

For companies registered in England and Wales:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Crown Way, Cardiff, Wales, CF14 3UZ.
DX 33050 Cardiff.

For companies registered in Scotland:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Fourth floor, Edinburgh Quay 2,
139 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9FF.
DX ED235 Edinburgh 1
or LP – 4 Edinburgh 2 (Legal Post).

For companies registered in Northern Ireland:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Second Floor, The Linenhall, 32-38 Linenhall Street,
Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8BG.
DX 481 N.R. Belfast 1.

Section 243 exemption

If you are applying for, or have been granted protection of your home address under section 243 exemption, please post this form to the different postal address below:

The Registrar of Companies, PO Box 4082, Cardiff, CF14 3WE.

The update of your company director’s and secretary’s personal particulars with Companies House would not affect your company accounts disclosure.

%d bloggers like this: