Concise Accountancy is obliged to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations. We are required to obtain proof of identity from all our new clients.
We require you to provide one document showing your signature and one document showing proof of your home address. We may request further documents from you depending on your business setup.
Below is the list of identification documents acceptable for money laundering compliance checks. We require documents to be translated into English if it is written in another language and certify a true copy by a lawyer where necessary.
Similar documents may be requested by your bank for opening a bank account in the United Kingdom.
Proof your identity
- Driving licence
- Bank card
- Credit card
- National identity card
- Police, customs, home office, warrant card
- Sea or air master licence
Proof of your home address
- Utility bill – it can be a gas, electricity, or water invoice.
- Personal bank statement or building society statement but the statement must not be more than 3 months old and no online printouts or bank branch print-offs.
- Credit card statement
- Council tax bill or council tax rent book
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) statement
- State pension book
- Benefit or family credit book
- National identity card with address
- Driving licence with address
- Home office permit to stay
- TV licence
- Firearms licence
- Payslips – The slip must contain your employer’s address and your home address.
Thank you for your co-operation and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.