How fast can you file a Confirmation statement

Companies House requires every limited company to submit their confirmation Statement on time every year. How fast can you file a confirmation statement with Companies House? It is dependent on what method of filing you choose to do it.

You may file your Confirmation statement with Companies House in two ways. do it online or send your confirmation statement form in by post or hand-delivered it to one of the Companies House offices near you.

File Online

You would require your company’s authentication code in order to submit your Confirmation statement online.

If you have your authentication code and all the information required to complete your confirmation statement, your filing can be done within the hour or less. You would receive an acknowledgement receipt of your filing Companies House instantly and followed by acceptance of your filing if everything is in order. So, the fastest way to submit your confirmation statement is to file online.

However, if you do not have your authentication code with you, filing online may be slower than filing it by post. This is because you would have to take an additional step. You must request Companies House to resend your authentication code to you. Normally, they will send it to your company’s registered office within 5 working days.

File by post

Alternatively, you may submit your confirmation statement by post. First, you print the Confirmation statement form CS01 from Companies House website, complete it and post it to one of Companies House offices.

For example, if your company is incorporated in England, you may send your Confirmation statement CS01 form to Companies House office in Cardiff at the address below.

Companies House Cardiff
Crown way
CF14 3UZ

For fast delivery, you may consider the Royal Mail Next day guaranteed service. If you are sending your documents from oversea, consider using speed post services like FedEx etc.

Deliver your Confirmation statement by hand

Another method to deliver your confirmation statement is to hand-deliver your completed confirmation statement form to one of Companies House offices.

For instance, if your company is in London. You may hand-deliver your documents to Companies House office in London at the address below.

Companies House
Ground Floor
80 Petty France

This option is handy especially if your confirmation statement is already overdue. you may ask them for a proof of received stamp for your document.

Contact Companies House

Contact Companies House if you have any questions about UK companies and limited liability partnerships (LLP) incorporation procedure and legal filings requirements. They are the governing body for businesses trading as limited companies and partnerships in the United Kingdom.

Broadly, Companies House administers and maintain the public records of private and public limited companies. In addition, they also administer statutory filing of limited liabilities partnerships.

In other words, they make sure companies and partnerships submit their Confirmation Statement, annual accounts and other compulsory legal documents on time for public record.

Companies House’s contact details are as follows:

Hotline: 03031234500
Mini-com: 02920381245


Companies House Cardiff

Crown way
CF14 3UZ

Companies House Edinburgh

Fourth Floor
Edinburgh Quay 2
139 Fountainbridge

Companies House London

Ground Floor
80 Petty France

Companies House Northern Ireland

Second floor
The Linenhall
32-38 Linenhall street

Documents for Companies House

Generally, your company and limited liability partnership must submit the following documents to the Registrar of Companies. This includes dormant companies and non-trading companies. Additionally, all documents must comply with the Companies Act 2006.

Usually, Companies House would send reminders to your registered office address when your filings become due. For this reason, it is important you update your registered office with Companies House if your existing registered office address no longer valid. For example, you recently moved to a new office. You are required by law to notify Companies House of this event by law. For this purpose, use the form AD01 to update your registered office address.

Normally, you can either file this form online using the web filing service or by post. For online filing, you would require your company’s authentication code. You must keep this code safe and do not disclose to anyone.

If you have lost your authentication code, you may request the code again from Companies House.

On the other hand, if you would like to send your company accounts by post, send it to one of the companies house office listed above. For example, if your company’s registered office is in England, then send your Signed company accounts to either Companies House in Cardiff or London office.

%d bloggers like this: