Very high COVID alert level

What you need to know and do if you are in the local areas rated as very high COVID alert level.

The Government issues the following to the public.

At a minimum, this means:

1. You must not socialise with anybody you do not live with or have formed a support bubble with, in any indoor setting or in any private garden or at most outdoor hospitality venues and ticketed events.

2. You must not socialise in a group of more than 6 in an outdoor public space such as a park or beach, the countryside, a public garden or a sports venue.

3. Pubs and bars must close; they can only remain open where they operate as if they were a restaurant, which means serving substantial meals, like a main lunchtime or evening meal, and they may only serve alcohol as part of such a meal.

4. Schools and universities remain open.

5. Places of worship remain open, but household mixing is not permitted.

6. Weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on the number of attendees; however, wedding receptions are not allowed.

7. Exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors; these will only be permitted indoors if it is possible for people to avoid mixing with people they do not live with or share a support bubble with; there are exceptions for supervised activities for under-18s, and disability sport.

8. You should try to avoid travelling outside the very high alert level area you are in or entering a very high alert level area, other than for things like work, education or youth services, to meet caring responsibilities or if you are travelling through as part of a longer journey.

9. You should avoid staying overnight in another part of the UK if you are resident in a very high alert level area, or avoid staying overnight in a very high alert level area if you are resident elsewhere.

You must:
wear a face-covering in those areas where this is mandated

You should continue to:
– follow social distancing rules
– work from home where you can effectively do so
– travel to venues or amenities that are open, for work or to access education, but aim to reduce the number of journeys you make.

This is the baseline in very high alert level areas. The government will also seek to agree additional interventions in consultation with local authorities, in order to reduce the spread of the virus. These could include the following options:
– restrictions preventing the sale of alcohol in hospitality or closing all hospitality (except takeaway and delivery).
– closing indoor and outdoor entertainment venues and tourist attractions.
– closing venues such as leisure centres and gyms (while ensuring provision remains available for elite athletes, youth and disabled sport and physical activity).
– shutting public buildings, such as libraries and community centres (while ensuring provision remains available for youth and childcare activities and support groups).
– closing personal care and close contact services or prohibiting the highest-risk activities.
– closing performing arts venues for the purposes of performing to audiences.

You should therefore check whether additional restrictions apply in your area.

Find out more about the measures that apply in very high alert level areas to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.

Companies House filings during COVID-19 pandemic

You can submit your company documents to Companies House online. You would require your company’s authentication code to do so. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Hence, you must keep it safe.

The documents you can file online includes:

Companies House has also created an interim paperless filing service to accept documents which would normally require a live signature during COVID-19 pandemic. You can easily upload your documents to the Companies House website.

If you require help with your company’s filings, contact our accountants. They will be more than happy to assist you.

%d bloggers like this: