AD07 to notify discontinuance of overseas branch register

You must complete the form AD07 to notify discontinuance of overseas branch register with Companies House.

Information required to complete the form AD07

You would require the following information to complete the AD07 to notify discontinuance of overseas branch register with Companies House.

Section 1: Company details

Fill in your company number. You can get your company number from the Companies House website. It is also printed on your certificate of incorporation or certificate of change of name.

Section 2: Transferred entries

By signing this form, you are giving notice that your overseas branch register of members has been discontinued. At the same time, you must let Companies House know what you do with your overseas branch register.

You must tick one option only, where your overseas branch register have been transferred to:

  • Another overseas branch register kept in the same country or territory
  • The main register.

Section 3: Signature

You must sign the form. The person signing the form AD07 must hold the position of either as Director or Secretary or Person authorised or Liquidator or Administrator or Administrative receiver or Receiver or Receiver manager or Charity Commission receiver and manager or CIC manager or Judicial factor.

If you are filling in the form on behalf of a Societas Europaea (SE), please
delete ‘director’ and insert details of which organ of the SE the person
signing has a membership.

For the Person authorised, you must comply with either section 270 or 274 of the Companies Act 2006.

Where to send your AD07

You may send your completed AD07 form to one of the following Companies House offices.

For companies registered in England and Wales:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Crown Way, Cardiff, Wales, CF14 3UZ.
DX 33050 Cardiff.

For companies registered in Scotland:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Fourth floor, Edinburgh Quay 2,
139 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9FF.
DX ED235 Edinburgh 1
or LP – 4 Edinburgh 2 (Legal Post).

For companies registered in Northern Ireland:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Second Floor, The Linenhall, 32-38 Linenhall Street,
Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8BG.
DX 481 N.R. Belfast 1.

Companies House filings

You can submit your company documents to Companies House online. You would require your company’s authentication code to do so. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Hence, you must keep it safe.

The documents you can file online includes:

Companies House has also created an interim paperless filing service to accept documents which would normally require a live signature during COVID-19 pandemic. You can easily upload your documents to the Companies House website.

If you require help with your company’s filings, contact our accountants. They will be more than happy to assist you.

Register of members

Register of members is required by law to be kept and maintained. This is compulsory for every limited company registered with Companies House in the United Kingdom.

Shareholders information

Your register of members must keep details of your shareholders and this will include:

  • Shareholder’s name and address.
  • When he/she become a shareholder of your company.
  • If your shareholder ceased to hold any shares in your company, the date of this event.

Additional information for register of members

Other information about each shareholder and will need to be kept up to date include:

  • The shares held by each member.
  • Each of your share must has a number.
  • Where your company has more than one class of issued shares. The details of this.
  • The amount paid or agreed to be considered as paid on the shares of each member.
  • If your company has converted any of its shares into stock, you must give notice of the conversion to the registrar. This includes the amount and class of stock held by each member instead of the amount of shares and the particulars relating to shares.
  • In the case of joint holders of shares or stock in your company, then you must keep the names of each joint holder. For this purpose, Joint holders are regarded as a single member. Therefore, the register must show a single address.
  • In the case of your company that does not have a share capital but has more than one class of members. Then, you must keep the names and addresses of the members, a statement of the class to which each member belongs.
  • Any changes to the information set out above.
  • Information on any transfer of shares.
  • Details of allotments of new shares.
  • Details of any shares held in treasury.

Location of your register of members

Generally, you are to keep your register of members at your registered office address. If not, you must notify Companies House of the address where you keep your register. This address is called single alternative inspection location (sail address). In this circumstance, you complete the Companies House form AD02.

On the other hand, if you are to keep your register of members at your registered office and you have moved, you must also notify Companies House of your new address. In this instance, you use the form AD01. you may notify Companies House of this change at the same time you deliver your Confirmation Statement.

%d bloggers like this: