School Trust

School Trust is a sensitive expression.

Generally, School Trusts are normally independent from Local Authority control. They include Foundation, Academy, Co-operative and Trust Schools. Normally, they are run by an elected governing body such as a Trust. Many of these schools are registered charities supported by a charitable Foundation.

If you intend to set up a School Trust, your company should normally be limited by guarantee. You shall set out the objects of your Trust in the articles of association. If you intend to adopt model articles, the objects should be set out in amended articles, or in a letter or email.

You shall provide a copy of your articles or governance document to Companies House.

Company name availability check

You can use the Company name availability checker to check if your proposed company name is still available for registration.

How to register a company?

Concise Accountants provide company formation services. Our accountants will handle the incorporation of your limited company from start to finish. We will also advise you whether your supporting evidence is sufficient to support the use of School Trust in your company name.

Universally, your company’s registered office must be a real address. Companies House would not accept P O Box numbers as your registered office address.

Maintain your limited company

You would have to submit a few documents with the UK Authorities every year.

Firstly, at every anniversary of your company, you are required to prepare and submit your confirmation statement with Companies House. The confirmation statement is a snapshot of information about your company shares structure, directors, shareholders and registered office.

On the same note, you must also inform Companies House if your company details changed. For example, you appoint a new director or your registered office address has changed.

Additionally, you must submit your company accounts to Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). For HMRC, you must include your corporation tax return together with your company accounts.

Other sensitive or reserved words

Click here for other sensitive words that require you to obtain a consent to use in your company or business name in the United Kingdom.

%d bloggers like this: