Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Company names and incorporationOverseas company in the UKSetup limited company

Prydain and Prydeinig

Prydain and Prydeinig are sensitive words in Welsh. They mean Britain and British.

Your company name implies a connection with the Government

You must seek permission to use this word in any part of your proposed company name implies a connection with a government department, a devolved administration or a local or specified public authority. For this purpose, you must provide a letter or email of non-objection from the relevant body to Companies House. This also applies if the word is your surname.

Your company name DOES NOT imply a connection with the Government

Use this word at the start of your company name

If your proposed company name does not imply a connection with government and you wish to use this word at the start of your proposed name or ‘o Prydain’ or ‘o Prydain Mawr’ (or mutated forms) is used anywhere in the name, you will need to demonstrate that your company is pre-eminent or very substantial in its field.

You should also provide the views or supporting evidence from an independent source, such as a trade association or other private or public body you work with.

If this word is not the first word in your company name

If this word is not the first word in your company name it will normally be allowed.

This word is your surname

If this word is your surname it will normally be allowed if the proposed name includes a forename or initials.

Company name availability check

You can use the Company name availability checker to check if your proposed company name is still available for registration.

How to register a company?

Concise Accountants provide company formation services. Our accountants will handle the incorporation of your limited company from start to finish. We will also advise you whether your supporting evidence is sufficient to support the use of Prydain or Prydeinig in your company or business name.

Universally, your company’s registered office must be a real address. Companies House would not accept P O Box numbers as your registered office address.

Maintain your limited company

After your company has been successfully incorporated. There are a few documents you must file with the UK Authorities every year.

Firstly, at every anniversary of your company, you are required to prepare and submit your confirmation statement with Companies House. The confirmation statement is a snapshot of information about your company shares structure, directors, shareholders and registered office.

On the same note, you must also inform Companies House if your company details changed. For example, you appoint a new director or your registered office address has changed.

Additionally, you must submit your company accounts to Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). For HMRC, you must include your corporation tax return together with your company accounts. Concise Accountants offers fixed fee accounts packages to limited companies to take care of your company accounts and corporation tax return. The packages are suitable for startup businesses and small companies. Feel free to contact our accountants to discuss.

Other sensitive or reserved words

Click here for other sensitive words that require you to obtain a consent to use in your company or business name in the United Kingdom.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: