Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Company names and incorporationOverseas company in the UKsetup limited company

Charitable and Charity

Charitable and Charity are sensitive words. The use of these words in your proposed company name could imply a connection with the relevant charity regulator.

Correspondingly, you must include a letter or email of non-objection from the relevant charity regulator in your company incorporation application to Companies House.

For change of your existing charity organisation name

If you are an existing registered charity and your current and/or proposed new company name includes one of these words, then your application should include a copy of the company’s letterhead (or alternative evidence) bearing the registered charity number. Subject to our normal examination checks, we will register or approve your company name.

If you are a Northern Ireland company not registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland (CCNI) and included in the HMRC ‘deemed list’, please provide evidence of the company’s tax-exempt status, or contact CCNI.

NoCountryCharity RegulatorEmail
1England and WalesHead of Registration
Charity Commission

PO Box 211
L20 7YX
2ScotlandOffice of the Scottish Charity Regulator
2nd Floor Quadrant House
9 Riverside Drive
3Northern IrelandCharity Commission for Northern Ireland (CCNI)
257 Lough Road
BT66 6NQ
Source: GOV.UK

You can use the Company name availability checker to check if your proposed company name is still available for registration.

How to register a company?

Concise Accountants provide company formation services. Our accountants will handle the incorporation of your limited company from start to finish. We will also advise you whether your supporting evidence is sufficient to support the use of Charitable or Charity in your company or business name.

Universally, your company’s registered office must be a real address. Companies House would not accept P O Box numbers as your registered office address.

Maintain your limited company

After your company has been successfully incorporated. There are a few documents you must prepare and submit with the UK Authorities every year.

Firstly, at every anniversary of your company, you are required to prepare and submit your confirmation statement with Companies House. The confirmation statement is a snapshot of information about your company shares structure, directors on board and shareholders and registered office.

On the same note, you must also inform Companies House if your company details changed. For example, you appoint a new director or your registered office address has changed.

Additionally, you must submit your company accounts to Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). For HMRC, you must include your corporation tax return together with your company accounts. Concise Accountants offers fixed fee accounts packages to limited companies to take care of your company accounts and corporation tax return. The packages are suitable for startup businesses and small companies. Feel free to contact our accountants to discuss.

Other sensitive or reserved words

Click here for other sensitive or reserved words that require you to obtain a consent to use in your company or business name in the United Kingdom.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: