Change the details of person authorised to accept service of documents

You must complete the Companies House form OS CH09 to change the person authorised to accept service of documents in respect of a UK establishment for an overseas company.

If you would like to change your permanent representative’s details for your overseas company then you must complete the form OS CH07.

Information required to complete the form OS CH09

You would require the following information about your overseas company to change your overseas company permanent representative’s details.

Section 1: Overseas company details

You are to provide your overseas company number. Your overseas company number shall start with a prefix “FC” or “SF” or “NF” followed by six digits.

Followed by giving your overseas company full name or alternative name currently registered with Companies House.

Section 2: UK establishment details

You must provide your overseas company’s branch name and registration number. Your branch number shall start with a prefix “BR” followed by six digits.

Section 3: Current details of the authorised person on the register

You are to provide the full names of the person authorised to accept service of documents in respect of the UK establishment for your overseas company currently held by Companies House.

Section 4: Date of change

You must specify the date of the authorised person’s details changed.

Section 5: Change of name details

You enter the authorised person’s new full name if applicable otherwise you leave this section blank.

Section 6: Change of service address

You must provide a new service address if the existing service address for your authorised person is no longer valid.

The address needs not to be his/her home address. It cannot be a P O BOX address. If you do provide his/her home address as the service address then this would appear on the Companies House register and available for public inspection.

Section 7: Signature

You must hold the position of either as the overseas company director, secretary or a permanent representative in order to sign the form OS CH09.

Where to send your OS CH09 form

You may send your completed OS CH09 form to one of the following Companies House offices.

England and Wales:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Crown Way, Cardiff, Wales, CF14 3UZ.
DX 33050 Cardiff.


The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Fourth floor, Edinburgh Quay 2,
139 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9FF.
DX ED235 Edinburgh 1
or LP – 4 Edinburgh 2 (Legal Post).

Northern Ireland:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Second Floor, The Linenhall, 32-38 Linenhall Street,
Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8BG.
DX 481 N.R. Belfast 1.

Companies House filings during COVID-19 pandemic

Companies House created an interim paperless filing service to accept documents which would normally require a live signature. You can easily upload your documents to Companies House online platform.

You are also encouraged to use the WebFiling service to submit the following documents to Companies House.

For this purpose, you would require your company’s authentication code to file online. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Hence, you must keep it safe.

If you require help with your company’s filings, contact Our accountants. They will be more than happy to assist you.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: