Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

companies house administrationOverseas company in the UK

Change overseas company permanent representative’s details

You must complete the Companies House form OS CH07 to change overseas company permanent representative’s details.

If you would like to change your director’s details for your overseas company then you must complete the form OS CH03.

Information required to complete the form OS CH07

You would require the following information about your overseas company to change your overseas company permanent representative’s details.

Section 1: Overseas company details

You are to provide your overseas company number. Your overseas company number shall start with a prefix “FC” or “SF” or “NF” followed by six digits.

Followed by giving your overseas company full name or alternative name currently registered with Companies House.

Section 2: UK establishment details

You must provide your overseas company’s branch name and registration number. Your branch number shall start with a prefix “BR” followed by six digits.

Section 3: Current details of your permanent representative on the register

You are to provide your permanent representative’s details currently held by Companies House. This includes full forenames and surname.

Section 4: Date of change

You must specify the date of your permanent representative’s details changed.

Section 5: Change of name details

You enter your permanent representative’s new full name if applicable otherwise you leave this section blank.

Section 6: Change of service address

You must provide a new service address if your permanent representative’s existing service address no longer valid.

The address needs not to be his/her home address. It cannot be a P O BOX address. If you do provide his/her home address as the service address then this would appear on the Companies House register and available for public inspection.

If your permanent representative’s service address is the same as his/her home address then you can write “same as service address” in section 6a. Otherwise, you must disclose your director’s usual home address including postcode. The home address would not be published on the register. It would be for Companies House’s record only.

If you are applying for or have been granted higher protection by Companies House from disclosing your usual home address to credit reference agencies then you must send this form to the following address:

The Registrar of Companies, PO Box 4082, Cardiff, CF14 3WE.

Section 7: Your permanent representative’s authority

You must disclose whether your permanent representative has limited or unlimited authority. If you have indicated your permanent representative’s authority is limited, you must provide a brief description in the box provided in the form.

Concurrently, you must also disclose whether your permanent representative can act alone or must act jointly. If your permanent representative is not authorised to act alone then you must provide names of the persons who are authorised to act jointly.

Section 8: Signature

You must hold the position of either as the overseas company director, secretary or a permanent representative in order to sign the form OS CH07.

Where to send your OS CH07 form

You may send your completed OS CH07 form to one of the following Companies House offices.

England and Wales:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Crown Way, Cardiff, Wales, CF14 3UZ.
DX 33050 Cardiff.


The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Fourth floor, Edinburgh Quay 2,
139 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9FF.
DX ED235 Edinburgh 1
or LP – 4 Edinburgh 2 (Legal Post).

Northern Ireland:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Second Floor, The Linenhall, 32-38 Linenhall Street,
Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8BG.
DX 481 N.R. Belfast 1.

Companies House filings during COVID-19 pandemic

Companies House created an interim paperless filing service to accept documents which would normally require a live signature. You can easily upload your documents to Companies House online platform.

You are also encouraged to use the WebFiling service to submit the following documents to Companies House.

For this purpose, you would require your company’s authentication code to file online. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Hence, you must keep it safe.

If you require help with your company’s filings, contact Our accountants. They will be more than happy to assist you.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: