Change overseas company corporate secretary’s details

You must complete the Companies House form OS CH06 to change overseas company corporate secretary’s details.

If you would like to change your individual secretary’s details for your overseas company then you must complete the form OS CH05.

Information required to complete the form OS CH06

You would require the following information about your overseas company to complete the form OS CH06.

Section 1: Overseas company details

You are to provide your overseas company number. Your overseas company number shall start with a prefix “FC” or “SF” or “NF” followed by six digits.

Followed by giving your overseas company full name or alternative name currently registered with Companies House.

Section 2: Corporate secretary’s current details on the register

you are to provide your corporate secretary’s details currently held by Companies House. This would be the corporate body or firm name.

Section 3: Date of change overseas company corporate secretary’s details

You must specify the date of your corporate secretary’s details changed. For example, on 31 July 2020, the service address has changed to [the new address].

Section 4: Change of name details

You enter your corporate secretary’s new corporate or firm name if applicable otherwise you leave this section blank.

Section 5: Change of registered or principal office address

You must provide your corporate secretary’s new registered or principal address if the existing registered office held by Companies House no longer valid. This address must not be a P O Box number address. This must be a physical location.

Section 6: Change of EEA company’s details

Please specify new details where your corporate secretary (a firm or company) is registered in the EEA and its new registration number.

Section 7: Change of non-EEA company’s details

Provide the following new details if your corporate secretary is a non-EEA company.

  • Change of the legal form of your corporate secretary or firm, if applicable
  • Governing law, if there have changed
  • New details where the company or firm is registered, if applicable
  • And the new registration number if applicable.

Section 8: Change of corporate secretary’s authority

You must disclose if your corporate secretary has limited or unlimited authority. If you have indicated your corporate secretary’s authority is limited, you must provide a brief description in the box provided in the form.

Concurrently, you must also disclose whether your corporate secretary can act alone or must act jointly. If your corporate secretary is not authorised to act alone then you must provide names of the persons who are authorised to act jointly.

Section 9: UK establishment

You provide your UK establishment name and registration number. Your branch number shall start with a prefix “BR” followed by six digits.

Section 7: Signature

You must hold the position of either as the overseas company director, secretary or a permanent representative in order to sign the form OS AP02.

Where to send your OS CH06 form

You may send your completed OS CH06 form to one of the following Companies House offices.

England and Wales:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Crown Way, Cardiff, Wales, CF14 3UZ.
DX 33050 Cardiff.


The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Fourth floor, Edinburgh Quay 2,
139 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9FF.
DX ED235 Edinburgh 1
or LP – 4 Edinburgh 2 (Legal Post).

Northern Ireland:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Second Floor, The Linenhall, 32-38 Linenhall Street,
Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8BG.
DX 481 N.R. Belfast 1.

Companies House filings during COVID-19 pandemic

Companies House created an interim paperless filing service to accept documents which would normally require a live signature. You can easily upload your documents to Companies House online platform.

You are also encouraged to use the WebFiling service to submit the following documents to Companies House.

For this purpose, you would require your company’s authentication code to file online. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Hence, you must keep it safe.

If you require help with your company’s filings, contact Our accountants. They will be more than happy to assist you.

%d bloggers like this: