Contact Companies House

Contact Companies House if you have any questions about UK company incorporation procedure and legal filings requirements. They are the governing body for businesses trading as limited companies and partnerships in the United Kingdom. Broadly, they administer and maintain public records of private and public limited companies. In addition, they also administer statutory filing of limited liabilities partnerships. In other words, they make sure companies and partnerships submit their Confirmation Statement, annual accounts and other compulsory legal documents with them on time for public record.

Generally, your company and limited liability partnership must submit the following documents to the Registrar of Companies and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) every year. There is no exception to a dormant company and a non-trading company. Both types of these companies must submit accounts and also file their Confirmation statement.

In addition, all your companies and partnerships’legal documents must also comply with the Companies Act 2006.

If you are not familiar with the UK company law (the Companies Act 2006), it is best to use a firm of accountants to take care of your UK company’s filings for you. This would allow you to focus on your business rather than stress about how to do this or that to maintain your UK company. Another thing is your accountant can also help you to avoid the late filing penalty and fines from Companies House. Usually, they would send you reminders when your UK company’s filings become due.

Companies House’s contact details are as follows:

Contact centre: 03031234500
Mini-com: 02920381245

If you would like to send your SIGNED UK company accounts by post, please send it to one of the following Companies House offices. For example, if your company has a registered office in England or Wales, you can send your Signed company accounts to either Companies House Cardiff office or Companies House London office.

Companies House Cardiff

Crown way
CF14 3UZ

Companies House Edinburgh

Fourth Floor
Edinburgh Quay 2
139 Fountainbridge

Companies House London

4 Abbey Orchard Street
Westminster London

Companies House Northern Ireland

Second floor
The Linenhall
32-38 Linenhall street

Feel free to contact Companies House or our London Accountants, if you have any questions about the UK company’s statutory filings. We will be more than happy to help you.

You have a great day.

New to UK company

If you are new to UK company, you can quickly learn the basics. How to take care of your new UK company. Generally, after Companies House issued your certificate of incorporation, you can start your business straight away.

Your business with Companies House do not end there. Thereafter, you must continuously update Companies House with your business progress. For this purpose, you are required to file your company accounts and confirmation statement with Companies House every year.

Another governing body, you must also respect, is the HMRC, the UK Tax Authority.

Here are the legal documents you must prepare and deliver to Companies House and HMRC.

Companies House legal filings

Your to do listDeadline
You must prepare and send your first ever company accounts to Companies House21 months from the date of incorporation
Thereafter, in the subsequent year, you deliver your company accounts to Companies House9 months after your financial year ended

HMRC legal filings

Your to do listDeadline
Work out your corporation tax bill if you made a profit. You must also tell HMRC if you do not make any profit.9 months after your accounting year ended
Prepare and file your company tax return with HMRC12 months to file your CT600 online with HMRC

For Companies House filings, you have the options to file one or file on paper. To file online, you would require your company authentication code. Whereas for filing of company tax return with HMRC is online only. For this purpose, you may use third party accounting software accredited by HMRC.

Normally, people would hire an accountant to take care of their UK company filings for them. If you are new to UK company legality and filings, this may be best way forward if you yourself not familiar with UK company law.

Contact our London accountants if you have any questions about your UK company.