Confirmation statement CS01 forms

Confirmation Statement CS01 is a statement confirming your company details registered with Companies House are still valid after 12 months and if there are any changes during the 12 months period to report.

Your company is required to submit your confirmation statement with Companies House every 12 months or at the anniversary of your company being incorporated.

You may submit your confirmation statement using the web filing service or by post to Companies House.

There are many parts to the Confirmation Statement forms. Let’s we explained.

1. Confirmation statement CS01 the main form

This is the main confirmation statement CS01 form. You use this form if there are no changes to your company’s details that already registered with Companies House. Thus, you ignore the part 1, part 2, part 3 and Part 4 CS01 forms.

Company name and number

Make sure your company name and incorporation number entered on your CS01 form match exactly with your certificate of incorporation. Otherwise, Companies House will reject for CS01 form.

Confirmation statement date

The date to put on your Confirmation statement CS01 form is the made up date which is your due date for filing your statement with Companies House. If you do not know your Confirmation statement due date then You may check your filing due date on Companies House website.

Do not forget to pay the statutory filing fee payable for filing your confirmation statement with Companies House. The paper filing fee is £40 and the online fee is £13.

2. Confirmation statement CS01 Part 1 to Part 4

You must complete these Confirmation statement CS01 part 1 to part 4 forms if there were any changes to your company details already registered with Companies House within the last 12 months.

Part1 – Standard industrial classification (SIC) code change

Use this form if your principal business activity has changed. For example, you formerly provide computer software installation services and now you provide interior designs services.

Part2 – Statement of capital change

Use this form if there is any changes to your share class and number of shares.

Part3 – Trading status of shares and exemption from keeping a register of people with significant control (PSC)

Use this form if your company shares trading status has changed. For example, your shares have admitted to the stock exchange.

Part4 – Shareholder information change

Use this form if there is changes to your shareholders’ information.

You may Contact Companies House if you have any questions on filing your confirmation statement. Alternatively, our accountants can help with your confirmation statement filing.

Company name

Your company name is your business name and in some cases, they are your brand name. You can change your company name with Companies House. The Registrar of Companies will issue the certificate of Incorporation on Change of Name after your name change application is successful.

Confirmation Statement

Consequently, you will need to know which company names to enter in your confirmation statement CS01 form. Especially, when you do paper filing.

So, which one? your old name or the new ones? It’s depends on the made up date of your confirmation statement. And also the official date of your new name become legally binding. In other words, look at the date printed on your certificate of incorporation on change of name.

Basically, enter the name as at the confirmation statement date.

Fill in the old company name

For example, your confirmation statement date is 18 January 2019. After that you changed your company name from EXCEL SERVICE LTD to BEST IN TOWN LTD.

Subsequently, you received the certificate of change of name with BEST IN TOWN LTD from Companies House on 28 January 2019. For this purpose, you enter EXCEL SERVICE LTD on your confirmation statement.

Enter new name

Use the same example, your confirmation statement date is 31 January 2019. You submit your company name change application before your confirmation statement date. Subsequently, you received your certificate of change of name on 28 January 2019. In this case, you enter BEST IN TOWN LTD in your confirmation statement.

On the other hand, It is better to use the Companies House web filing system to submit your confirmation statement. Why? less human errors. There are built in check to prompt you if there is an error.

Universally, change of name does not alter your company original registration number.

Register of members

Register of members is required by law to be kept and maintained. This is compulsory for every limited company registered with Companies House in the United Kingdom.

Shareholders information

Your register of members must keep details of your shareholders and this will include:

  • Shareholder’s name and address.
  • When he/she become a shareholder of your company.
  • If your shareholder ceased to hold any shares in your company, the date of this event.

Additional information for register of members

Other information about each shareholder and will need to be kept up to date include:

  • The shares held by each member.
  • Each of your share must has a number.
  • Where your company has more than one class of issued shares. The details of this.
  • The amount paid or agreed to be considered as paid on the shares of each member.
  • If your company has converted any of its shares into stock, you must give notice of the conversion to the registrar. This includes the amount and class of stock held by each member instead of the amount of shares and the particulars relating to shares.
  • In the case of joint holders of shares or stock in your company, then you must keep the names of each joint holder. For this purpose, Joint holders are regarded as a single member. Therefore, the register must show a single address.
  • In the case of your company that does not have a share capital but has more than one class of members. Then, you must keep the names and addresses of the members, a statement of the class to which each member belongs.
  • Any changes to the information set out above.
  • Information on any transfer of shares.
  • Details of allotments of new shares.
  • Details of any shares held in treasury.

Location of your register of members

Generally, you are to keep your register of members at your registered office address. If not, you must notify Companies House of the address where you keep your register. This address is called single alternative inspection location (sail address). In this circumstance, you complete the Companies House form AD02.

On the other hand, if you are to keep your register of members at your registered office and you have moved, you must also notify Companies House of your new address. In this instance, you use the form AD01. you may notify Companies House of this change at the same time you deliver your Confirmation Statement.