Companies House records your call

Companies House records your call to their helpline number 0303 1234 500 for 18 months. Thereafter the call log will be deleted. knowing this is helpful when errors occurred.

Certificate of good standing errors

For example, one of our accountants ordered a certificate of good standing from Companies House via the telephone. Usually, we wanted all information including directors and shareholders on the certificate. We received the certificate of good standing without this information only the very standard certification. But our client requires this information on the certificate for their bank. We contacted Companies House and we gave them the order number. They traced the call and listen to it again. In this situation, it was our accountant’s error, she forgot to request that information specifically. Consequently, we have to re-order the certificate and pay again. Lesson learnt for everyone.

Company dissolution error

Another situation was that a client approached us to submit their confirmation statement urgently. Companies House already proposed to strike off his company. Furthermore, his registered office address was no longer valid and he misplaced his company’s authentication code.

We contacted Companies House to request them to put the strike off on hold. We can do this if there is at least 2 weeks before the expiry of two months from a strike-off notice being published on the Gazette.

The staff answered the phone at Companies House agreed to put the dissolution process on hold. When we received our authentication code to file the confirmation statement online. The company is dissolved. To cut the long story short, we took advantage of “the Companies House records your call” and we provide the time and date of our call log. Companies House traced the call and listened to it. Companies House restored the company and waived the statutory fee.

Companies House fees for limited company

The Companies House fees for your limited company must pay when submitting your legal documents to the Registrar. Below are the statutory fees currently imposed on limited company filings by the Registrar. The fee must be paid at the same time with your application otherwise your application will not be processed.

The limited company fees for the Registrar

Companies House feesFile online feeFile using softwarePaper filing fee
Limited company incorporation£12£10£40
Same-day incorporation£30£100
Change of name £8£8£10
Same-day change of name£30£30£50
Same-day simultaneous re-registration and change of name£100
Company re-registration£20
Same-day re-registration£50
Confirmation statement£13£13£40
Voluntary strike off£10
Registration of a charge£15£15£23
Reduction of capital by solvency statement£10
Same day reduction of capital by solvency statement£50
Reduction of capital by court order£10
Same day reduction of capital by court order£50
Administrative restoration£100
Application to make an address unavailable for public inspection by an individual£55**
Application to make an address unavailable for public inspection by the company: for any list of members (other than a long list) in hard copy form£55**
Application to make an address unavailable for public inspection by the company: for any list of members (other than a long list) filed electronically£55**
Application to make an address unavailable for public inspection by the company: for a long list of members delivered on CD-ROM or DVD-ROM£55**
Application to make an address unavailable for public inspection by the company: for a long list of members in hard copy form£55**
Application to make an address unavailable for public inspection by a person who registers a charge£55**

** The fee is per-document basis.

There is no fee to submit your company accounts with Companies House but there is a late filing penalty if your accounts are filed late.

If you have any questions about Companies House fees for a limited company, you may contact Companies House or speak with our London accountants.

Evidence for company restoration by court order

Generally, the UK court would require the following evidence from you for company restoration by court order. Usually, the evidence is organised into what the court called the court bundle. Seek legal representation if you are not familiar with the UK company restoration by court order procedure.

Court papers were served

Firstly, you must provide evidence that the originating document was served.

Bona Vacantia assets

Concurrently, you must enclose a written confirmation that the solicitor dealing with the bona vacantia assets has no objection to restoring your company. To prove this, you must provide a copy of the solicitor’s letter to the affidavit or witness statement unless your restoration is in Scotland.

Your company incorporation

Equally important, you shall supply information about when your company was incorporated and the nature of its objects. You may use your company incorporation as your supporting evidence for this purpose. For examples, a copy of the certificate of incorporation and the memorandum of association and, if appropriate, the articles of association.

Company officers

Also, you are to provide details of your shareholders, company directors and secretary.

Trading status

Additionally, you must give information about your company’s trading activity and when your business ceased trading if applicable.

Any overdue filings with Companies House

At the same time, you disclose the reasons If you have any overdue filings with Companies House. For example, your confirmation statement was not delivered to Companies House you did not receive the reminders from Companies House. This was due to oversight to update your company’s registered office address. Or your company accounts are late because your accounting data was destroyed by the flood.

Information on your company dissolution

Plus, you must give detail of the striking-off and dissolution of your company. In addition, you must also provide any other information that explains your restoration application.

Interested party

On top of that, you must submit full particulars of the interest of the person signing the witness statement.

Company registered office

And this, you must give your company’s registered office address. For this purpose, your address must be a physical address, not a P O BOX address.

Application by a member

And also this, If the application is by a member: that the company is solvent and carrying on business if that is the case.

Recover funds or property

Furthermore, you must state If the sole reason for seeking restoration is to recover funds in your company bank account or transfer a property registered in the name of your company etc.

Share capital

Lastly, you must provide your company’s share capital both authorised and issued. If a member makes the application, the number of shares held by that member.


Commonly, you can provide the evidence for company restoration by court order in England and Wales and in Northern Ireland in an affidavit or witness statement. However, In Scotland, the evidence can be provided in the petition to restore your company.

For further reading about company restoration by court order, click here.

%d bloggers like this: