Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Company names and incorporationSetup limited company

Breatainn and Breatannach

Breatainn and Breatannach are sensitive words. You must obtain consent if you would like to use Breatainn or Breatannach in any part of your proposed company name especially your company name implies a connection with the UK government. The connection includes a government department, a devolved administration or a local or specified public authority.

This applies even if the name is a surname.

For this purpose, you must write to the relevant governing body to request a letter or email of non-objection.

The word at the start of your company name

On the other hand, you wish to use Breatainn or Breatannach at the start of your name, you will need to demonstrate that your company is pre-eminent or very substantial in its field.

You should also provide the views or supporting evidence from an independent source, such as a trade association or other private or public body you work with.

The word is not the first word in your company name

If Breatainn or Breatannach is not the first word in your company name it will normally be allowed.

The word is your surname

If Breatainn or Breatannach is your surname it will normally be allowed if the proposed name includes a forename or initials.

Correspondingly, you must provide a copy of the letter or email of non-objection from the relevant governing body with your incorporation application to Companies House.

You can use the Company name availability checker to check if your proposed company name is still available for registration.

How to register a company?

Concise Accountants provide company formation services. Our accountants will handle the incorporation of your limited company from start to finish. We will also advise you whether your supporting evidence is sufficient to support the use of Breatainn or Breatannach in your company name.

Universally, your company’s registered office must be a real address. Companies House would not accept P O Box numbers as your registered office address.

Maintain your limited company

After your company has been successfully incorporated. There are a few documents you must prepare and submit with the UK Authorities every year.

Firstly, at every anniversary of your company, you are required to prepare and submit your confirmation statement with Companies House. The confirmation statement is a snapshot of information about your company shares structure, directors on board, shareholders and registered office.

On the same note, you must also inform Companies House if your company details changed. For example, you appoint a new director or your registered office address has changed.

Additionally, you must submit your company accounts to Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). For HMRC, you must include your corporation tax return together with your company accounts. Concise Accountants offers fixed fee accounts packages to limited companies to take care of your company accounts and corporation tax return. The packages are suitable for startup businesses and small companies. Feel free to contact our accountants to discuss.

Other sensitive or regulated words and expressions

Click here for other sensitive words that require you to obtain a consent to use in your company or business name in the United Kingdom.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: