Approved Sponsor

Public limited company (PLC) seeking listing in the Stock Exchange Market must use an Approved Sponsor registered with Financial Services Authority to handle your listing application with the UK Listing Authority namely the London Stock Exchange.

Approved Sponsor must be a person or a firm with relevant knowledge and qualifications to undertake your PLC listing representation. He or the firm must

  • be an authorized person or a member of a designated professional body.
  • Be competent to provide a sponsor service per Listing Rule 8.
  • Have systems and controls in place to carry out the role as a Sponsor per the Listing Rule 8.

The role of your sponsor is to ensure your PLC comply with the listing rules. They also provide guidance throughout your PLC flotation period. Your approved sponsor work closely with FCA too.

Your Sponsor must have good knowledge of the Companies Act apply to a public limited company. For examples, a PLC cannot file unaudited company accounts. Know what information is important when comes to filing the confirmation statement and so on.

You may contact the Financial Conduct Authority for a list of sponsors if you are considering listing your public limited company at the London Stock Exchange.

Where to send your company accounts

All companies registered with the Companies House are obliged to submit their company accounts with the Registrar of Companies. It is the director’s responsibility to ensure this is done on time. This includes a dormant company and non-trading company. Where to send your company accounts are dependent on where your registered office is.

Additionally, there is an automatic late filing penalty for filing your company accounts late with Companies House even just by one day.

The Companies Act requires your limited company directors to present your company’s Directors’ Report to your shareholders. The Directors’ report formed part of your company accounts.

For a public limited company (PLC), you must lay your company accounts at a shareholders meeting, usually, the annual general meeting. Whereas for a private limited company is no longer required to do so unless it is required by the articles of association of your company.

Companies House

Your company accounts filed with Companies House are accessible by the public. This means your suppliers, customers, bankers and the public, in general, could see your company records registered with Companies House and obtain the documents directly from Companies House.

Where to send your company accounts to which Companies House office is dependent on your company’s registered office.

Generally, a limited company incorporated in England and Wales must deliver their company accounts to Companies House in Cardiff. Whereas for Limited company registered in Scotland are to file their company accounts with Companies House at Edinburg. Their respective addresses are listed below:

Cardiff Office Edinburgh Office
Companies House
Crown Way Maindy
CF14 3UZ
Companies House
4th Floor
Edinburgh Quay 2,
139 Fountainbridge
Edinburgh EH3 9FF
LP – 4 Edinburgh 2
(Legal Post) or
DX ED235 Edinburgh 1
London OfficeNorthern Ireland Office
Companies House
Ground Floor
80 Petty France
Companies House
Second Floor
The Linenhall
32-38 Linenhall Street
Northern Ireland BT2 8BG
DX 481 N.R. Belfast 1

Similarly, if you are delivering your confirmation statement to Companies House by post.

Lastly, If you require help with your company accounts preparation and filing with Companies House, contact us.

Company re-registration forms

Company re-registration forms to register your company from exisitng status to another. For example, to re-register from a limited company to a public limited company. Ensure you download the company re-registration forms from Companies House website for the type of company re-registration you would like to execute.

Companies House would reject incorrect or incomplete forms. Click here for the common errors made by applicants when writing their company names on the Companies House forms.

Contact our accountants if you are not familiar with company re-registration law. They would be able to assist you.

Form referencePurpose
RR01Re-register your private limited company (LTD) to a public limited company (PLC)
RR02Re-register your public limited company (PLC) as a private limited company (LTD)
RR03Notice by the COMPANY of application to the court for cancellation of resolution for re-registration
RR04Notice by the APPLICANTS of application to the court for cancellation of resolution of re-registration
RR04 continuation pageThere is a signature continuation page for form RR04
RR05Re-register your private limited company (LTD) as an unlimited company
RR05 continuation pageThere is a signature continuation page for form RR05
RR06Re-register an unlimited company as a private limited company (LTD)
RR07Re-register a public limited company (PLC) as a private unlimited company
RR07 continuation pageThere is a RR07 signature continuation page
RR08Re-register a public limited company (PLC) as a private limited company (LTD) following a court order reducing capital
RR09Re-register a public limited company (PLC) as a private limited company (LTD) following a cancellation of shares

Generally, a private unlimited company do not require to submit company accounts with Companies House. But, they must submit their confirmation statement to Companies House as usual.

%d bloggers like this: