Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

Company names and incorporationSetup limited company


Benevolent is a sensitive word. Benevolent organisations are typically bodies that provide help and support for individuals and their families who work in specific business sectors. To put it simply, you can include the word Benevolent in your company name if your company is or intends to be a registered charity. In other words, you intend to set up a company limited by guarantee.

For this purpose, you must include A one-member one-vote clause and a non-profit distribution clause in the articles of association.

Likewise, in the case of a business name, your articles, constitution or relevant governance document should include similar clauses.

Correspondingly, you must provide a copy of this document with your company incorporation application to Companies House.

You can use the Company name availability checker to check if your proposed company name is still available for registration.

How to register a company?

Concise Accountants provide company formation services. Our accountants will handle the incorporation of your limited company from start to finish. We will also advise you whether your supporting evidence is sufficient to support the use of Benevolent in your company name.

Universally, your company’s registered office must be a real address. Companies House would not accept P O Box numbers as your registered office address.

Maintain your limited company

After your company has been successfully incorporated. There are a few documents you must file with the UK Authorities every year.

At every anniversary of your company, you are required to prepare and submit your confirmation statement with Companies House. The confirmation statement is a snapshot of information about your company shares structure, directors on board and shareholders and registered office.

Additionally, you must submit your company accounts to Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). For HMRC, you must include your corporation tax return together with your company accounts. Concise Accountants offers fixed fee accounts packages to limited companies to take care of your company accounts and corporation tax return. The packages are suitable for startup businesses and small companies. Feel free to contact our accountants to discuss.

On the same note, you must also inform Companies House if there are changes to your company details. For example, your registered office has changed, you appoint a new director and so on.

Other sensitive or regulated words and expressions

Click here for other sensitive or reserved words that require you to obtain a consent to use in your company or business name in the United Kingdom.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: