Concise Accountancy

Accountants and Registered Auditors

companies house administrationOverseas company in the UK

Appoint a permanent Representative for your overseas company in the UK

You must complete the Companies House form OS AP05 to appoint a permanent Representative for your overseas company in the UK.

If you would like to appoint a director for your overseas company instead, then please complete the form OS AP01.

Information required to complete the form OS AP05

You would require the following information about your overseas company to complete the form OS AP05.

Section 1: Overseas company details

Your overseas company number. your overseas company number shall start with a prefix “FC” followed by six digits.

Your overseas company full name or alternative name currently registered with Companies House.

Section 2: UK establishment details

You must provide your overseas company’s branch name and registration number. Your branch number shall start with a prefix “BR” followed by six digits.

Section 3: The date you appoint your permanent representative for your overseas company

You must specify the date of your permanent representative being appointed as your overseas company’s representative in the UK.

Section 4: The personal details

You must provide your permanent representative’s full names including his/her former names. This includes maiden or married names which have been used for business purposes in the last two decades.

Married women do not require to give former names unless you have previously used your former names for business purposes.

You can use section 8 of this form if required.

Section 5: New director’s service address

You must provide a service address for your permanent representative. The address needs not to be his/her usual home address. It cannot be a P O BOX address. If you do provide his/her usual home address as the service address then this would appear on the Companies House register and available for public inspection.

In section 5a, If your permanent representative’s service address is the same as his/her usual home address then you can write “same as service address” in this section. Otherwise, you must disclose his/her usual home address including postcode and country of residence.

If you are applying for or have been granted higher protection by Companies House from disclosing your usual home address to credit reference agencies, you must send this form to the following address:

The Registrar of Companies, PO Box 4082, Cardiff, CF14 3WE.

Section 6: Your director’s authority

You must disclose whether your permanent representative has limited or unlimited authority. If you have indicated your permanent representative’s authority is limited, you must provide a brief description in the box provided in the form.

Concurrently, you must also disclose if your permanent representative can act alone or must act jointly. If the person is not authorised to act alone then you must provide names of the persons who are authorised to act jointly.

Section 7: Signature

You must sign the form. You must hold the position of either as the overseas company director, secretary or a permanent representative in order to sign the form OS AP01.

Where to send your OS AP05 form

You may send your completed OS AP05 form to one of the following Companies House offices.

England and Wales:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Crown Way, Cardiff, Wales, CF14 3UZ.
DX 33050 Cardiff.


The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Fourth floor, Edinburgh Quay 2,
139 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9FF.
DX ED235 Edinburgh 1
or LP – 4 Edinburgh 2 (Legal Post).

Northern Ireland:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Second Floor, The Linenhall, 32-38 Linenhall Street,
Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8BG.
DX 481 N.R. Belfast 1.

Companies House filings during COVID-19 pandemic

Companies House created an interim paperless filing service to accept documents which would normally require a live signature. You can easily upload your documents to Companies House online platform.

You are also encouraged to use the WebFiling service to submit the following documents to Companies House.

For this purpose, you would require your company’s authentication code to file online. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Hence, you must keep it safe.

If you require help with your company’s filings, contact Our accountants. They will be more than happy to assist you.

Share this post

%d bloggers like this: