AD03 to move company records to SAIL address

You must complete the form AD03 to notify Companies House that you are to move your company records to a SAIL address. Concurrently, you must also complete the form AD02 to register your SAIL address with Companies House if you have not done so previously.

You are only required to complete this form if you are to keep your company registers at another location other than your company’s registered office address. SAIL stands for Single Alternative Inspection Location.

Information required to complete the form AD03

You would require the following information to complete the form AD03 to move your company records to a SAIL address.

Section 1: Company details

Fill in your company number. You can get your company number from the Companies House website. It is also printed on your certificate of incorporation or certificate of change of name.

Section 2: Company records

you must tick which of the following of your company records are kept at your SAIL address.

  • The Register of people with significant control.
  • Register of members.
  • Register of directors.
  • Directors’ service contracts.
  • Directors’ indemnities.
  • Register of secretaries.
  • Records of resolutions etc.
  • Contracts relating to purchase of own shares.
  • Documents relating to redemption or purchase of own share out of capital by private company.
  • Register of debenture holders.
  • Report to members of outcome of investigation by public company into
  • interests in its shares.
  • Register of interests in shares disclosed to public company.
  • Instruments creating charges and register of charges: England and Wales
  • or Northern Ireland.
  • Instruments creating charges and register of charges: Scotland.
  • Historic register of people with significant control.
  • Historic register of members.

Section 3: Signature

You must sign the form. The person signing the form AD03 must hold the position of either as Director or Secretary or Person authorised or Liquidator or Administrator or Administrative receiver or Receiver or Receiver manager or Charity Commission receiver and manager or CIC manager or Judicial factor.

If you are filling in the form on behalf of a Societas Europaea (SE), please
delete ‘director’ and insert details of which organ of the SE the person
signing has a membership.

For the Person authorised, you must comply with either section 270 or 274 of the Companies Act 2006.

Where to send your AD03 form

You may send your completed AD03 form to one of the following Companies House offices.

For companies registered in England and Wales:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Crown Way, Cardiff, Wales, CF14 3UZ.
DX 33050 Cardiff.

For companies registered in Scotland:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Fourth floor, Edinburgh Quay 2,
139 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH3 9FF.
DX ED235 Edinburgh 1
or LP – 4 Edinburgh 2 (Legal Post).

For companies registered in Northern Ireland:

The Registrar of Companies, Companies House,
Second Floor, The Linenhall, 32-38 Linenhall Street,
Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8BG.
DX 481 N.R. Belfast 1.

Companies House filings

You can submit your company documents to Companies House online. You would require your company’s authentication code to do so. The authentication code is the electronic equivalent of your company’s director(s) signatures. Hence, you must keep it safe.

The documents you can file online includes:

Companies House has also created an interim paperless filing service to accept documents which would normally require a live signature during COVID-19 pandemic. You can easily upload your documents to the Companies House website.

If you require help with your company’s filings, contact our accountants. They will be more than happy to assist you.

%d bloggers like this: